Squatting Everyday Not for Me

Well its been about 3 weeks or so since I posted I was going to give Squatting almost every day a chance and see what happened. Well I am here to say it is not for me and I strongly caution anyone who is “natural” to be weary of this training. That being said I am sure many people could benefit from it but, I am definitely not one of them.

I knew it was going to be a huge challenge breaking into this style as overtraining would be a risk. So I may have rushed into this going in with to much throttle I don’t know. But, I do know in 3 weeks its been utter hell to get out of the bed not from soreness just that not matter what I ate or took or how much sleep I got (minimum 7 hours anight) I was just run down and beaten into the ground.

Also some of my upper body lifts mainly incline bench and strict presses seemed to be slightly regressing or at the very least I am so tired and beaten down I just can’t seem to get the balls to push as hard as I need.

Now it was not all bad I did see some gains in this time. I gained just over inch in both thighs(most likely from 4x the normal volume they usually get) and, my back squat went from 300lbs for 1 to 320lbs for 2 mind you these are breaking parrel, high bar, nothing but a belt squats. My front squat is what amazed me it went from 245for 2 to 300 for 1… that’s literally 20 lbs jump a week.

So, this style of training is not useless by any means and I will go back to it probably once a year but as a continual routine no. I honestly don’t think I could handle more Han month at a time.

But all in all this is just my experience with Squatting everyday insane results for only three weeks in my opinion but, no way in hell I could continue this style

good on you for doing it anyway.
sods law says that if you kept it up for another 2 days, you would have broken through the wall, lol

You are supposed to gradually add in days, and you got to the dark times. From what I hear if you hung in a little longer you would of adapted to the squatting.

Well maybe I would have and next time I attack this I will keep that in mind for sure but right now I have to call it quits if was not for my work performance going down I would continue on but hey if you don’t have a job you can’t afford that gym membership unfortunately. But I will really visit this I saw awesome gains but I need a break

I want try it eventually, what type of schedule did you do the squatting/rep scheme. Did you go for single/doubles or higher reps?

I squat everyday except Saturday because I trained Strongman events. Which I am sure probably added to my rundown feeling but with that I alternated Front Squats with Back Squats every work out. I mainly stayed in the doubles and single range. Usually doubles for back squats and singles for front unless, I was just feeling exceptionally crappy in which case I would do triples but with very light weights think westside DE day around 60% to 8 or so sets less intense but, according to John Brocs interview its better to do very light squatting than no squatting at all for the day. Hope that was what you were looking for.

Yes, thanks. I will likely be doing something similar next year, except with olympic lifts added.

Yeah if a 5 x 5 strength programme you did as a beginner (who should be doing lower sets and higher reps) fucked you up = hey - you must have been doing something wrong huh?

i bet with a deload week or 2 you will come back stronger. i would love to find out. let us all know in a few weeks.

http://www.averagebroz.com/ABG/Q_%26_A/Entries/2010/5/28_Central_nervous_system.html

Good job on actually doing it though.

[quote]louiek wrote:
http://www.averagebroz.com/ABG/Q_%26_A/Entries/2010/5/28_Central_nervous_system.html

Good job on actually doing it though.[/quote]

Wow, that’s kind of an awesome explanation there. Thanks for sharing.

Leon36 not sure if I am just misreading your post but not sure exactly what you mean sorry like I said I am pretty run down so I am probably just a idiot right now… but please explain… and to everyone else thanks for the advice and the averagebroz post was a good read. I really reccommend you all give it a shot atleast once just like I said make sure your eating sleeping and everything is spot on. I generally deal with high stress volume training fairly well but, this had me beat with in 6 or 7 days. Keep us posted maybe you will finds a secret I missed.

[quote]Reed wrote:
Leon36 not sure if I am just misreading your post but not sure exactly what you mean sorry like I said I am pretty run down so I am probably just a idiot right now… but please explain… and to everyone else thanks for the advice and the averagebroz post was a good read. I really reccommend you all give it a shot atleast once just like I said make sure your eating sleeping and everything is spot on. I generally deal with high stress volume training fairly well but, this had me beat with in 6 or 7 days. Keep us posted maybe you will finds a secret I missed.[/quote]

What you did seems pretty crazy to me, but congrats for doing it, and thanks for sharing your feedback.

Lorez no problem man was a experience. Sounded crazy to me to but I always liked the old its so crazy it just might work saying so I had to give it a shot and beat me down but, a honest inch to my legs and 60lbs to my front squat was well worth it… hopefullly it stays.

[quote]Reed wrote:
Leon36 not sure if I am just misreading your post but not sure exactly what you mean sorry like I said I am pretty run down so I am probably just a idiot right now… but please explain… and to everyone else thanks for the advice and the averagebroz post was a good read. I really reccommend you all give it a shot atleast once just like I said make sure your eating sleeping and everything is spot on. I generally deal with high stress volume training fairly well but, this had me beat with in 6 or 7 days. Keep us posted maybe you will finds a secret I missed.[/quote]

I believe he is insinuated that you are a beginner, you did a 5x5 program, you should have done a program with higher reps and lower weight, (because he believes this is what beginners should do) and the fact that you got banged up is his proof for that.

I wouldn’t listen to him, since he has said himself he has lifted exactly 7 times. He seems to think he has all the answers, however, because he reads on the internet a lot.

Chris87 that’s what I thought I just wanted to clarify before I sounded like a douche. I am not a total beginner by any means I have been lifting for about 6 years now and have been competiting in NAS for three years. My lifts are low right now do to joining the Army and have done nothing but body weight movements and running a minimum of 20 miles a week for the past 2 years. Oh and lost over 50lbs of bodyweight due to the above mentionead. I only posted in the beginner section because 1 this is not powerlifting related 2 there are alot more people trafficking the beginner forum than the Strongman so therefore more people will be able to acknowledge the positive and negative of the experiment I did and 3 I have not placed first in any competition there for I am still a beginner competitively speaking.

The more i squat (and the more weight i squat), the more often i wish to squat. Any lifting session, before doing anything else, 20-30 total (back or front) squats with 80-90%

Most important : A big squat.

[quote]Chris87 wrote:

[quote]Reed wrote:

I believe he is insinuated that you are a beginner, you did a 5x5 program, you should have done a program with higher reps and lower weight, (because he believes this is what beginners should do) and the fact that you got banged up is his proof for that.

I wouldn’t listen to him, since he has said himself he has lifted exactly 7 times. He seems to think he has all the answers, however, because he reads on the internet a lot.[/quote]

1. Ignore what chris87 say about me or how he interprets me. Guy stalks me in like every thread.

2. I have clearly stated I have worked out 7 times in my current prgramme but have been training for over a decade off and on and have had two years off, so am restsrting. That doesn’t discount my past experience. Chris87 know that, thus is trolling or extremely stupid and has reading comprehension difficulties.

3. What I was saying to you is you complainedf I though of ‘run down / flu like symptoms.’

Well that is how overtraining makes you feel. I was doing hapkido 3 x a week, 2 hr session each, a 3x a week full body workout (2 x 12 at the time) and doing intense cardio 3 x a week and felt rundown. So thought that possibly with you bjj, other commitments and your weight trainning prgramme that you were feeling run down do to overtraining.

Thats’s all.

And just because I read soemthing on the internet and it’s not what someone like chris87 agrees with doesn’t make it bs. Be careful around here, this guy is probabl;y some 20 yr old kid who lives in his Mum’s basement…

It’s like him saying 'I’ve been working out (who of us know how ooptimumly)for 5 years, so what some PHD guy who trains atheletes says is BS or coz it doesn’t agree with what my trainer or guy I proscribe to says it’s bs. This is literally THE WHOLE STRENGHT OF the argument of people like this.

‘Uh I’ve been working as an engineer for years, so what some PHD physicist says about a new subatomic particle is BS, because I didn’t ex[erience it and it was published on the internet.’

Clowns. (Not you OP.)

[quote]leon36 wrote:

[quote]Chris87 wrote:

[quote]Reed wrote:

I wouldn’t listen to him, since he has said himself he has lifted exactly 7 times. He seems to think he has all the answers, however, because he reads on the internet a lot.[/quote]

1. Ignore what chris87 say about me or how he interprets me. Guy stalks me in like every thread.

2. I have clearly stated I have worked out 7 times in my current prgramme but have been training for over a decade off and on and have had two years off, so am restsrting. That doesn’t discount my past experience. Chris87 know that, thus is trolling or extremely stupid and has reading comprehension difficulties.

3. What I was saying to you is you complainedf I though of ‘run down / flu like symptoms.’

Well that is how overtraining makes you feel. I was doing hapkido 3 x a week, 2 hr session each, a 3x a week full body workout (2 x 12 at the time) and doing intense cardio 3 x a week and felt rundown. So thought that possibly with you bjj, other commitments and your weight trainning prgramme that you were feeling run down do to overtraining.

Thats’s all.

And just because I read soemthing on the internet and it’s not what someone like chris87 agrees with doesn’t make it bs. Be careful around here, this guy is probabl;y some 20 yr old kid who lives in his Mum’s basement…

It’s like him saying 'I’ve been working out (who of us know how ooptimumly)for 5 years, so what some PHD guy who trains atheletes says is BS or coz it doesn’t agree with what my trainer or guy I proscribe to says it’s bs. This is literally THE WHOLE STRENGHT OF the argument of people like this.

‘Uh I’ve been working as an engineer for years, so what some PHD physicist says about a new subatomic particle is BS, because I didn’t ex[erience it and it was published on the internet.’

Clowns. (Not you OP.)[/quote]

I do so because I feel other posters should now that whatever “advice” you give them is coming from a guy who has worked out for a fucking month, and probably has less experience than just about anyone here.

I don’t know if you have trained in the past, but it doesn’t matter. The fact that you may have quit lifting for 2 years says a lot about you.

Trolls don’t generally have a thousand posts and multiple training logs. If I had reading comprehension difficulties I wouldn’t have been able to understand your post, and remember that you’ve worked out a whopping 7 times. That is what reading comprehension is.

I never said everything you read on the internet is false. The problem with you is that all of you “Advice” comes directly from a google search. You have no experience at all.

I am 20 years old. I don’t live in my mother’s basement. I’m in college, where I am a division 1 athlete. You can tell by my profile pic to the left, which shows me playing my sport.

Thing is, you haven’t been working out for years. You’ve been working out for a month. You said you’ve been reading about training for 17 years, and have been training for a month. That doesn’t authorize you to hand out any advice.

Lol awesome