Squatting Everyday as a Warm-Up?

As i mentioned awhile ago i get like deathly sore from squats for about 4 days after i squat. I have tried the agile 8 it helped but still was pretty sore.

I was gonna try to use 3 sets of 10 at 135lbs as a warmup everyday. Do you think this will help?

Yes. Although I think you’d be better off still if you just upped the frequency of your squat workouts. Not squatting light every day, but instead just doing a normal squat session twice a week or so with a good amount of volume each time you should become relatively immune to soreness.

I like to BW squat every day (7 days a week) as deep as I can. Just a few sets of 10 or so. Lessens soreness and has improved the way my knees fell.

[quote]csulli wrote:
Yes. Although I think you’d be better off still if you just upped the frequency of your squat workouts. Not squatting light every day, but instead just doing a normal squat session twice a week or so with a good amount of volume each time you should become relatively immune to soreness.[/quote]

This. I seem to always agree with you fucker.

Anyway, ime there are 3 basic stages:
(1) Once a week type training and getting sore every time,
(2) Training 2x or 3x per week and not really getting sore anymore, and
(3) Training like batshit crazy/retarded 6-7x per weeks for several weeks and being sore all the fucking time.

I only recently discovered the 3rd category. (2) is a good place to be.

Agree wholeheartedly. The only time I’m not sore from squats is when I squat 2-3x a week relatively heavy.

I also tried the OP’s idea (light weights circa daily), and I was actually sore all the fucking time.

Matt Perryman has written an interesting book, “squatting every day”. It’s a bit philosophical but an interesting read. He would do something like squat daily (with “daily” I think he meant at least 5 times a week), work up to a variable-every-day-workmax (up to 2-3 times) and auto-regulate the intensity and volume during the training.

In my experience an increased training frequency and weaving heavy sessions with periods of milder training seems overall more beneficial than forcing yourself to go balls out on the same exercise only once a week. In other words, an auto-regulated higher trainings frequency can work a lot better for some (most?) people. You could try it for a while and see how you respond to it.

I squatted 100 reps a day with the bar for a week when I was rehabbing some sort of quad injury a while ago. It felt good, but I made sure to rotate different movements daily (front squat, squat and safety squat bar squats were my choice).

700 squats later, the quad felt better.

How would I incorporate any of this into 531? If I post this over there I will get criticized and all of the sudden " won’t be following 531 anymore"

[quote]jkondash89 wrote:
How would I incorporate any of this into 531? If I post this over there I will get criticized and all of the sudden " won’t be following 531 anymore"[/quote]
Keep doing 5/3/1, but add a fifth day of training where you squat again. Maybe use your 5/3/1 squat day as a heavier day with moderate volume and the second day as a highish volume day. Do either a 10x3, 5x5, 5x7, 7x5, or 4x9. Something like that.

Im pressed for time now as it is. Soon ill be pressed even more. I have a 2 year old daughter and a son on the way in 3 months. Ill be probably going to 3 day a week training. Ill have to find something to work somehow.

[quote]jkondash89 wrote:
How would I incorporate any of this into 531? If I post this over there I will get criticized and all of the sudden " won’t be following 531 anymore"[/quote]

If you just want to squat more frequently you could do squats (or variations) as assistance on DL day

[quote]jkondash89 wrote:

Have a look at the chapters: “5/3/1 full body training” and “rest pause training” in the book. Maybe that’ll give you some ideas to try?

[quote]jkondash89 wrote:
Im pressed for time now as it is. Soon ill be pressed even more. I have a 2 year old daughter and a son on the way in 3 months. Ill be probably going to 3 day a week training. Ill have to find something to work somehow.[/quote]
Yeah that’ll never work. You’ll need to leave your family so that you can train at least 6 days a week.

Okay if we’re going down to 3 days a week here’s what I’d do:
Deadlift day
Bench and Squat day
Squat and Press day

Hey thanks csulli. That does look pretty good.

Maybe like Monday all out 531 sets

Wed-

Friday-5x3@70%-then 5x3 at 80% rotating in and out volume every once in a while.

Just a thought:

M - SQ Volume (a la Texas Method), bench 5/3/1, upper back/lat work

W - DL 5/3/1, Press 5/3/1, DL assistance/hamstrings

F - SQ 5/3/1, Bench variant/assistance, upper back/lat work