Squatting 5 Times a Week

Once I complete Smolov I plan to squat 5 times a week. 1 day of back squats and 4 days of front squats.

Day 1 Back Squat until missed lift, 3x2 at 80% of missed lift
Day 2 Front Squat until miss
Day 3 Front Squat until miss, 3x2 at 80% of missed lift
Day 4 Front Squat until miss
Day 5 Front Squat until miss, 3x2 at 80% of missed lift

I believe this concept was based on the Bulgarian method. Only particular problem I see with doing this is lack of volume. Has anyone else done something similar?

80% of the missed lift seems really light. Try just taking 10-15kg off.

I’ve been trying this lately:

Mon/wed/fri snatch, cj, to max then front squat to max, -10kg for two doubles
Tues/thurs/sat (or two of the three days) front squat to max, -10kg for two doubles, repeat for a total of 3-4 times.

produced a 5kg PR in a little over a week. average daily max is creeping up too.

Well I double checked and its actually a 80-90% suggestion. Thanks for the results :D.

If you increase frequency, then volume has to drop until you adapt. Additionally, the volume gets concentrated to the 90+% range so the quality of your volume increases. So dont be a hero. As for the back off set, take 10-20kg off whatever you MADE, not what you missed. Otherwise they will be too heavy and you most likely wont make them (and hence get the volume youre seeking).

[quote]GqArtguy wrote:
If you increase frequency, then volume has to drop until you adapt. Additionally, the volume gets concentrated to the 90+% range so the quality of your volume increases. So dont be a hero. As for the back off set, take 10-20kg off whatever you MADE, not what you missed. Otherwise they will be too heavy and you most likely wont make them (and hence get the volume youre seeking).[/quote]

Listen to the GqGuy!

Don’t do 3x2. You need to do 2 doubles.

Don’t drop to 80%, it’s 10-15kg less than the single you made.

Koing