Squattin' like Ronnie

[quote]Professor X wrote:
BodyByGame20 wrote:
Hardcore: Ronnie Coleman’s Complete Guide to Weight Training, the book Ronnie wrote about working out he talks about doing Hack’s.
Couldn’t pull a link to a video though, once again, no access to videos at work.

Well, I was just pointing out that he doesn’t seem to do these even the “most” of the time. He seems to rely on squats, leg presses and walking lunges for the core of his leg training…and that seems to work well for him.

I guess if you just want to do them…but many people build really impressive legs without doing behind the back hack squats.[/quote]

Since when are YOU qualified to tell ANYONE what Ronnie Coleman does?

If the OP saw a vid of RC doing hacks, obviously Ronnie has done them. What you have and haven’t seen is not relevant here.

The OP asked what the movement is called. Nowhere is there a question about the “core of his leg training”, nor any question on how to “build really impressive legs”.

[quote]JAMESROSE666 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
BodyByGame20 wrote:
Hardcore: Ronnie Coleman’s Complete Guide to Weight Training, the book Ronnie wrote about working out he talks about doing Hack’s.
Couldn’t pull a link to a video though, once again, no access to videos at work.

Well, I was just pointing out that he doesn’t seem to do these even the “most” of the time. He seems to rely on squats, leg presses and walking lunges for the core of his leg training…and that seems to work well for him.

I guess if you just want to do them…but many people build really impressive legs without doing behind the back hack squats.

If the OP saw a vid of RC doing hacks, obviously Ronnie has done them. What you have and haven’t seen is not relevant here.

The OP asked what the movement is called. Nowhere is there a question about the “core of his leg training”, nor any question on how to “build really impressive legs”. [/quote]

Ok you hate X. We get it. We don’t give a shit. Find something else to dedicate your life to other then finding other people’s post and bringing nothing but negativity.

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
JAMESROSE666 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
BodyByGame20 wrote:

I guess if you just want to do them…but many people build really impressive legs without doing behind the back hack squats.

The OP asked what the movement is called. Nowhere is there a question about the “core of his leg training”, nor any question on how to “build really impressive legs”.

Ok you hate X. We get it. We don’t give a shit. Find something else to dedicate your life to other then finding other people’s post and bringing nothing but negativity.[/quote]

Im doing exactly what X does to others. Gets anoying, doesn’t it? But cos im not huge, its bad.

Anyhow, feel free to shut your mouth/stop typing… “hardgainer”, lol i guess you “can’t gain weight” huh? that why ur pissy?

[quote]JAMESROSE666 wrote:
Im doing exactly what X does to others. Gets anoying, doesn’t it? But cos im not huge, its bad.

Anyhow, feel free to shut your mouth/stop typing… “hardgainer”, lol i guess you “can’t gain weight” huh? that why ur pissy?[/quote]

Yea it is annoying, and there is no need for another douche on these forums.

If the mods gave a shit about this place they would delete your ass since you have nothing productive to add at all to anything. Seriously, just stop it because you aren’t impressing anybody.

“Hardgainer” your a bit of a hypocrite when your saying your bringing negativity while your causing an argument. Please people need to learn to look at themselves before judging others. And yes professor x does like to bring others down.

[quote]The1andOnly wrote:
“Hardgainer” your a bit of a hypocrite when your saying your bringing negativity while your causing an argument. Please people need to learn to look at themselves before judging others. And yes professor x does like to bring others down.[/quote]

LOL

Correction, I like to ask for pictures of people claiming they know what exercises work best for gains. I like to know whether the person giving advice has any real world experience either building themselves up or training others to some extreme level of development.

Please explain how this is “bringing others down”…and then find a quote that shows this.

There are two types of people on this forum, those who worked hard and are making impressive progress…and those who aren’t very serious at all, aren’t gaining much of anything yet feel the need to be the first to respond to questions about what works best for bodybuilding.

The latter brings US down.

I do hack squats and have the leg girth to prove it. It’s the only way I squat!

“Hardgainer” your a bit of a hypocrite when your saying your bringing negativity while your causing an argument. Please people need to learn to look at themselves before judging others. And yes professor x does like to bring others down.[/quote]

There is a difference to making 2 posts to somebody making a whole new account with the sole purpose of reading every post a particular member makes and causing shit.

If I can encourage said douchebag to leave(although he won’t) then the forums have taken a turn for the better - not that I give a shit anymore.

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
The1andOnly wrote:
“Hardgainer” your a bit of a hypocrite when your saying your bringing negativity while your causing an argument. Please people need to learn to look at themselves before judging others. And yes professor x does like to bring others down.

There is a difference to making 2 posts to somebody making a whole new account with the sole purpose of reading every post a particular member makes and causing shit.

If I can encourage said douchebag to leave(although he won’t) then the forums have taken a turn for the better - not that I give a shit anymore. [/quote]

[quote]JAMESROSE666 wrote
[/quote]

ups! JAMESROSE666 you are on ignored list once more! sad…

The1andOnly wrote:

LOL

Correction, I like to ask for pictures of people claiming they know what exercises work best for gains. I like to know whether the person giving advice has any real world experience either building themselves up or training others to some extreme level of development.

Please explain how this is “bringing others down”…and then find a quote that shows this.

There are two types of people on this forum, those who worked hard and are making impressive progress…and those who aren’t very serious at all, aren’t gaining much of anything yet feel the need to be the first to respond to questions about what works best for bodybuilding.

The latter brings US down.[/quote]

Don’t have to have a hissy fit.

Professor X wrote:
The1andOnly wrote:

LOL

The latter brings US down.

Don’t have to have a hissy fit.[/quote]

Hissy fit?

Do those of you who complain about what gets written this much even lift?

I have a real hard time picturing someone who thinks direct responses are “hissy fits” sitting under 400+lbs on an olympic bar.

But hey, maybe this is the “new school” of gym rats.

[quote]Rhino Jockey wrote:
maraudermeat wrote:
somethin’ like diss??

I just learned something new about the structural integrity of those aerobic steps. Ho-lee shit![/quote]

You and me both man.

Btw, impressive stuff meat. Looks absolutely ridiculous though.

X im goin at you twice in a day. man you got incredible work ethic, but cut your holier than thou crap. i gotta squat 315 before i can get to 405, and shittt it aint like i got a fuckin coach to get me there any faster than life allows. i wonder how many true dedicated lifters youve ripped on for not being you. your like 35 and been liftin long enough to know your shit, but there are tons of kids like me learning and makin progress.

plus, we gotta hope that my dads aneurism doesnt blow up, hope his heart keeps beatin cause i dont want him having another heart attack, and oh i dont kno i got kerataconus (god i hate havin a disease i can’t spell) which leaves me blind half the day cause i cant wear contacts 24/7.

i got a little sister and im scared watchin her grow up, and i live on my own at 19 in a different country than my parents, and the closest family i got is 5 hours away. shit im 19 and struggling. or wait, 19 and learning to be a man, so either help me out or leave me alone you know. you dont know me. so take them shoes off your teeth and stop runnin your mouth at every lifter who comes here. i aint tryin to be you, so dont degrade me for doin my own thing.

Kanada, shut the hell up!
We’re sorry your life sucks and we hope your Dad survives and gets to see his grandkids one day, absolutely. That doesn’t mean X owes you anything though.

I approached X in private messages he gave me advice and was quite cool about all of it. I told him my lifts for my size and he said I was doing good but to never stop, always keep pushing forward.

That doesn’t sound like he’s running his mouth to me. You’re running YOUR mouth and you’re coming off as a jabroni.
So please, if you don’t want someone to slap the yellow off your teeth and the taste out of your mouth you should probably shut the fuck up and move on.

We’re sorry you’re in love with X and he just doesn’t feel the same way. Move on.

Oh and about squatting 315 before 405, well did you ever think that maybe X expects more from you due to your size or how long you’ve been training?

Yeah, so please move on junior. We’ve had enough of your belly aching around here.

So Meat, back to the topic at hand, what would you say the benefits of doing it that style are? It kinda seems from looking at it, this particularly style throws a bit more of the focus on the hams/glutes, or…?

[quote]Kanada wrote:
X im goin at you twice in a day. man you got incredible work ethic, but cut your holier than thou crap. i gotta squat 315 before i can get to 405, and shittt it aint like i got a fuckin coach to get me there any faster than life allows.

i wonder how many true dedicated lifters youve ripped on for not being you. your like 35 and been liftin long enough to know your shit, but there are tons of kids like me learning and makin progress.

plus, we gotta hope that my dads aneurism doesnt blow up, hope his heart keeps beatin cause i dont want him having another heart attack, and oh i dont kno i got kerataconus (god i hate havin a disease i can’t spell) which leaves me blind half the day cause i cant wear contacts 24/7.

i got a little sister and im scared watchin her grow up, and i live on my own at 19 in a different country than my parents, and the closest family i got is 5 hours away. shit im 19 and struggling.

or wait, 19 and learning to be a man, so either help me out or leave me alone you know. you dont know me. so take them shoes off your teeth and stop runnin your mouth at every lifter who comes here. i aint tryin to be you, so dont degrade me for doin my own thing.[/quote]

Cool story, bro.

Meat, how long have you trained barbell hack squats to reach that amount of weight and are you doing them to prepare for a future BB show? Crazy lift. I’m curious as to what your deadlift is currently at in comparison to that monster hack squat.

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
So Meat, back to the topic at hand, what would you say the benefits of doing it that style are? It kinda seems from looking at it, this particularly style throws a bit more of the focus on the hams/glutes, or…?[/quote]

i don’t think i am clear on what you are asking. are you asking about the way i’m doing them raised up on the aerobic steps??i do them that way out of necessity. i tried doing them from the floor but the weight kept hitting the back of my calves and then would get caught on my ass.

i really don’t do these very often. the OP was asking about them and i had a vid of me doing them so i put them up. i find the movement to be very awekward.

[quote]RockmanX88 wrote:
Kanada wrote:
X im goin at you twice in a day. man you got incredible work ethic, but cut your holier than thou crap. i gotta squat 315 before i can get to 405, and shittt it aint like i got a fuckin coach to get me there any faster than life allows.

i wonder how many true dedicated lifters youve ripped on for not being you. your like 35 and been liftin long enough to know your shit, but there are tons of kids like me learning and makin progress.

i got a little sister and im scared watchin her grow up, and i live on my own at 19 in a different country than my parents, and the closest family i got is 5 hours away. shit im 19 and struggling. or wait, 19 and learning to be a man, so either help me out or leave me alone you know.

you dont know me. so take them shoes off your teeth and stop runnin your mouth at every lifter who comes here. i aint tryin to be you, so dont degrade me for doin my own thing.

Cool story, bro.

Meat, how long have you trained barbell hack squats to reach that amount of weight and are you doing them to prepare for a future BB show? Crazy lift. I’m curious as to what your deadlift is currently at in comparison to that monster hack squat.[/quote]

i actually only did them that day that i took the vids. i did a minicycle where i hit movements that i’ve never done. the previous week i did trap bar deads where i had worked up to 700lbs, so i was shooting for trying to hit 700lbs on these hack as well.

my deadlift is in the high 600’s right now using sumo. at the moment i’m doing conventional and experimenting with foot position and grip/rip.

thanks!!

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:
Akuma01 wrote:
So Meat, back to the topic at hand, what would you say the benefits of doing it that style are? It kinda seems from looking at it, this particularly style throws a bit more of the focus on the hams/glutes, or…?

i don’t think i am clear on what you are asking. are you asking about the way i’m doing them raised up on the aerobic steps??i do them that way out of necessity. i tried doing them from the floor but the weight kept hitting the back of my calves and then would get caught on my ass.

i really don’t do these very often. the OP was asking about them and i had a vid of me doing them so i put them up. i find the movement to be very awekward.

[/quote]

I was referring to the behind the back squat itself, it looks like it would be awkward, Lol which was why i was curious as to why one would do them

HG Thrower wrote:
I never understood why these are called a “squat”. To me, they seem way more like a DL, really almost like a trap-bar DL. Just semantics I guess.

I’ve seen Ronnie doing these for SHRUGS behind the back, but never for “hack squats”.[/quote]

I’ve never seen Ronnie doing these either and cant even imagine him doing them. He always seems to stick to the tried and true squat and leg press.