Squats

How low should I squat and what other kind of variations can I do?

As low as you can

front squats, OH squats, zercher sqauts, split squats, hip belt squats, box squats, single like squats, high bar squats, safety squat bar squats, and the god send all in one killer:

one arm raised, one rubbing tummy, standing on swiss ball, single legged, eyes closed, head back, cluck like a chicken and shake you butt upon completion of concentric squats. The ultimate mass builder.

That will give you a good demonstration of squats and tons of other exercises. With squats, make sure you don’t lean over excessively and make sure your knees don’t pinch inward or outward. Berrardi’s Scrawny to Brawny book has a lot of good info. on squatting.

[quote]Bonn1997 wrote:

That will give you a good demonstration of squats and tons of other exercises. With squats, make sure you don’t lean over excessively and make sure your knees don’t pinch inward or outward. Berrardi’s Scrawny to Brawny book has a lot of good info. on squatting.[/quote]

What’s wrong with pushing your knees outward? It puts a lot less stress on the joint.

I was taking that from Berardi’s Scrawny to Brawny. I think it’s okay if the knees point outward so long as they’re aligned with your feet and the rest of your leg. If they’re not aligned, I think his point is that you have less stability and strength and might even injure your knee. (It’s easier to understand if you can look at the pictures in his book.)

You’ve been aksing a lot of short, easily answerable question lately. Try checking the beginner sticky at the top of this forum. It’s definetly the best place to start. Just start reading articles, and most of your questions, plus much more, will be answered.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
You’ve been aksing a lot of short, easily answerable question lately. Try checking the beginner sticky at the top of this forum. It’s definetly the best place to start. Just start reading articles, and most of your questions, plus much more, will be answered.[/quote]

Thanks for the adivice.

No problem dude. Trust me, all of us were beginners once, and we all started the same way. Staying up till 4 in the morning reading articles on this wonderful new website we found with all this awesome info ^_~.

[quote]Bonn1997 wrote:
I was taking that from Berardi’s Scrawny to Brawny. I think it’s okay if the knees point outward so long as they’re aligned with your feet and the rest of your leg. If they’re not aligned, I think his point is that you have less stability and strength and might even injure your knee. (It’s easier to understand if you can look at the pictures in his book.)[/quote]

haha i must be a mutant but if turn my feet inward or outward my knee’s definaetly “follow” it lol…ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS!? haha

[quote]dl- wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
I was taking that from Berardi’s Scrawny to Brawny. I think it’s okay if the knees point outward so long as they’re aligned with your feet and the rest of your leg. If they’re not aligned, I think his point is that you have less stability and strength and might even injure your knee. (It’s easier to understand if you can look at the pictures in his book.)

haha i must be a mutant but if turn my feet inward or outward my knee’s definaetly “follow” it lol…ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS!? haha[/quote]
I think that’s normal. Your knees aren’t pinching in; they’re just following the path of your feet and legs. In Berardi’s pinching diagrams, the distance between the two knees is off drasticall from the distance between the rest of the legs and the feet.