Squats vs. Leg Press for Development

[quote]Yossarian wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
Are hamburgers better than hot dogs?

Or did you miss the fact that different people respond differently to certain movements.

OR! an even crazier idea just popped into my head…

Spend time doing each and find out for yourself.

Hamburgers are made from beef, which is good and will make you strong. Hot dogs are made from god knows what, swept from the factory floor. So yes, hamburgers are better than hot dogs. I know that for me, squats are better than leg press. I find that for most people, the reason they like the leg press is vanity: it looks like a lot of weight.

Your point is valid, different people will get different results from the same movement, but i look at a loaded bar in the squat rack and I feel a rush. I’m afraid of it, and want to kill it before it kills me. Does anyone feel that way about a leg press?[/quote]

They’re both delicious. Why choose just one or the other? :wink: That was my point.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
They’re both delicious. Why choose just one or the other? :wink: That was my point. [/quote]

Agreed. Both should be used if the individual has no conditions that would contraindicate the exercise. Variety is the spice of life, training or otherwise.

TGR

id go with squats, there are several people in my gym who can leg press in excess of 200kgs but they cant squat half that.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Or did you miss the fact that different people respond differently to certain movements.

[/quote]

Why are you so sarcastic towards people? You seriously are an asshole. It is not like he said…

HEY ASSHOLES ARE FUCKIN SQUATS BETTER THEN FUCKIN LEG PRESS?

[quote]Rippemanewone wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

Why are you so sarcastic towards people? You seriously are an asshole. It is not like he said…

[/quote]

Ok. He made a little jibe and you freak out?
The op posted a beginner question which has dozens of threads devoted to it already… And he did so in the bb forum instead of the beginner forum…
Add to that: Bone’s advice wasn’t bad at all? In fact, he actually gave some instead of just posting a sarcastic remark?

Do you want some blanket statement like “Squats. Always.” ?

i would agree with find out what works for you

i personally like ATG squats

[quote]youngblood52 wrote:
i would agree with find out what works for you

i personally like ATG squats[/quote]

Agree on ATG squats.

Might be a good time to add: If you don’t go deep on the leg-press, then don’t expect great quad development from it either.
Same for squats…

Every idiot can use a (compared to his stature) huge weight and do 2 inch lockouts on both exercises.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

Every idiot can use a (compared to his stature) huge weight and do 2 inch lockouts on both exercises.

[/quote]

and it seems every idiot does, and then wonders if they should change exercises when they don’t get bigger.

I just did 20 rep legpress yesterday after my hack squats and at rep 19 i got a fat headache and after 20 i think I passed out for a second or 2. My breathing definitely went downhill after about rep 14.

Rippemanewone wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

The op posted a beginner question which has dozens of threads devoted to it already… And he did so in the bb forum instead of the beginner forum…
Add to that: Bone’s advice wasn’t bad at all? In fact, he actually gave some instead of just posting a sarcastic remark?

[/quote]

K but he didnt have to get an attitude with people, you expect everyone to go through every page and find the squat topics? Why dont you post something up on the front of the page then saying “Make sure you read every topic before posting the same one”. Give people a break, jesus.

BONEZ217 wrote:

[/quote]

You don’t train shoulders
You plan to run a test/tren cycle
You are between the ages of 18-20
You are an ‘ecto’ that is gaining fat because you don’t train with enough vigor

Is that straight forward enough for you?? Or shall I continue?

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Rippemanewone wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

You don’t train shoulders
You plan to run a test/tren cycle
You are between the ages of 18-20
You are an ‘ecto’ that is gaining fat because you don’t train with enough vigor

Is that straight forward enough for you?? Or shall I continue?[/quote]

The internet is clearly your only friend. You need some PADUSSY!!!

BONEZ217 wrote:

[/quote]

That how people that wear crocs act.

Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Rippemanewone wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

K but he didnt have to get an attitude with people, you expect everyone to go through every page and find the squat topics? Why dont you post something up on the front of the page then saying “Make sure you read every topic before posting the same one”. Give people a break, jesus.

[/quote]

What attitude? When I make sarcastic remarks to people in real life I do it with a smile on my face. I don’t say things to make people feel bad. Excuse me for using rhetoric that has a little life to it.

Grow the fuck up and quit your whining…

And yes, people are expected to do some fucking research before asking certain questions. That is a universal concept around here. Even the people in SAMA bitch at people who post frequently repeated topics.

C_C: I appreciate the defense

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Rippemanewone wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Rippemanewone wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

What attitude? When I make sarcastic remarks to people in real life I do it with a smile on my face. I don’t say things to make people feel bad. Excuse me for using rhetoric that has a little life to it.

Grow the fuck up and quit your whining…

And yes, people are expected to do some fucking research before asking certain questions. That is a universal concept around here. Even the people in SAMA bitch at people who post frequently repeated topics.

C_C: I appreciate the defense [/quote]

FAIL!!!

[quote]matsm21 wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

and it seems every idiot does, and then wonders if they should change exercises when they don’t get bigger.[/quote]

Yeah.
That’s why I mentioned it specifically… You gotta mention every detail on the net as common sense is usually absent here.

Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Rippemanewone wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

[/quote]

Judging from your post history, the only real problem you have is that he replied with a not-so-friendly comment to one of your threads. Ok.

I’m actually amazed at the fact that “use the search engine” has gone out of style as a response here… People apparently got tired of telling others even that…

“Go through every page”, huh?
How about “Site Search” or “Advanced Search” ?

Why do you think we have those options on the upper right? To make the site look prettier or something?

Hello slim, bored again?

You just wait, one day there’s gonna be a study about the correlation between internet-trolling and testicular cancer.

:wink:

Wow we got a hardass on the forums, dont kill me with your sarcasm and insulting Bonez. Im shaking in my boots.

Hello slim, bored again?

You just wait, one day there’s gonna be a study about the correlation between internet-trolling and testicular cancer.

:wink:
[/quote]

hello phalic…dickriding again?