Ring Pull-Ups: 12 reps

Goals
Squat: 305x3
Deadlift: 365x1
L-Sit Ring Dips: 10 reps
L-Sit Ring Pull-Ups: 15 reps
2 min Handstand
Back Lever

Sore from maxing and busy with exams. Will start new cycle sunday.

Entranced by the Squatting Insanity article. Running it starting Monday. Replacing all ancillary lifting with ring dips on day 1

Day 1
Warm Up Weights
Bar, 135, 185, 205
Work Weight
225x10

The fraternity I’m rushing had a big rushes, females, and alumni only party this weekend. Needless to say, the hangover made 225 feel like 285. Popped up pretty quick tho’.

Cool.

Day 2 of Squatting
Warm Up Weight
Air Squats, Bar, 135, 155, 185, 205

Work Weight
225 x 10

Hips were tight so did a lot of bodyweight squatting. Once I got the groove, was rebounding out of the hole, very curious as to how the tightness will effect me in later weeks. First time squatting work weight two days in a row. Have a video I’ll post when I have time, will take a video each week to see form changes.

Day 3 of Squatting
Warm-Up Weight
Bar, 135, 155, 185, 205

Work Weight
225 x 10

soreness has went down. I skipped BW squats and I think that was an err. I do my warm up sets instinctually, and I noticed I’ve begun doing an excess of reps for the bar and 135 and have been doing less but more aggressive “work” type reps with all the other sets. Form began to break down earlier in the work set than usual so I’ll have to pay attention to that, though the weights my bitch. Instead of eating, I have begun to inhale my food, so I can eat more in a given time.

Sound interesting.
I have considered trying the “gymnastic for upper body, and squats for lower body” approach.

Im in.

tweet

Hey Bird. It’s not too useful as far as pure hypertrophy is concerned, but it works for me to build a high level of control and strength while minimizing wear and tear on the joints.

Day 4 of Squatting
Warm Up Weight
Bar, BW, 135, 155, 185, 205
Work Weight
225 x 10

Soreness going down even more. Squats feel way better. Every rep was fast. form didn’t start breaking down till the very last rep.

Havent posted in a few days, was busy with last exams before Thanksgiving break.
The 23rd Day 5 of Squatting
Warm Up Weight
BW, Bar, 135, 155, 185, 205
Work Weight
225 x 10

Skipped Saturdays workout. Will lift later today.