T Nation

Squats n Press !

Just a little fun suggestion.
Looking for a different twist, i started to do squats(all the way down with a short pause, no easy spring back up factor) with a dumbell in each hand(start light) than press up(shoulder press with neutral grip real friend for some shoulders).
Now reps range is 20-30 and progressively i plan to bring it down to 6-10.
It might be used as warm-up, finisher, TV commercial better option than getting pretzels…

Please add your suggestion about what might be done at home with minimal equipment.

Thanks !

Are you thinking of good exercises to do while watching TV? I like to do my mobility work and I foam roll when I get tired of moving around.

For me its usually the smaller muscles that I don’t hit directly at the gym.

So forearm/grip work and ab work.

Stretching and foam rolling would be a great idea also.

you’re doing a thruster. exercise has been around a hundred years. popular these last dozen years by the crossfit guys…i would work out hard, then chill and recover. you train hard and train again, you’ll never recover and get better.why do you go get pretzels? toughen up mentally…

[quote]spk wrote:
you’re doing a thruster. exercise has been around a hundred years. popular these last dozen years by the crossfit guys…i would work out hard, then chill and recover. you train hard and train again, you’ll never recover and get better.why do you go get pretzels? toughen up mentally…[/quote]

I never eat pretzels. It was just to show that TV is not bad and we do not have to sit non-stop.
Chad Waterbury sugguest we train 3 X weekly mostly alternating heavy-medium-light and sugguest high frequency up to 6-7 times weekly. That is what i do. I started at 5 push-ups daily adding a rep daily yesterday i did 65 reps. no recovery problem, bigger arms n shoulders and as a side effect a bit leaner.
Plus TV comedies accelerate recovery according to the personal experience of some posters here.
Tada !
Next month i will do forearms as post above.

Edit: thanks for educating me about the proper name. I do my heavy work at the gym(6-7 mornings weekly), at home my resources are limited.

Why are we talking about TV?