Squats More Than Once a Week?

i squat twice a week. I did the stripped down hypertrophy program and I really liked it. I think that it has helped me recover faster plus I really like working out my legs. i usually back squat in the beginning of the week and front squat towards the end with at least three days rest in between.

[quote]ronin45 wrote:
does anyone do squats twice a week but swap what kinds? like dont front squats one day and then back 4 days later? same as dead lifts? I heard you can do regular dl then a few days later do sumo.[/quote]

Squating twice a week would be too much for me. If your a beginner and aren’t using heavy weight then maybe. Other than that my nervous system wouldn’t recover.

Now if you are doing an intense squat session for one and a light session with no sets to failure for the other then I could do it but I don’t see the need. I get the best results from body part a week. Now many people would disagree but what works for them might not work for me.

I squat twice to three times a week…I also do a lot of Olympic lifting…but I’ve been doing it for about 2 years so I’m accustomed to it. I’ve seen some great gains in muscle but my training was for strength. I do various squats not all back squatting.