Squats More Than Once a Week?

does anyone do squats twice a week but swap what kinds? like dont front squats one day and then back 4 days later? same as dead lifts? I heard you can do regular dl then a few days later do sumo.

You certainly can. Check out stripped down hypertrophy.

The reason most BB’ers do not squat or deadlift more than once a week is because at their level of development, the load is so great that doing these lifts more frequently would result in injury or CNS burn out.

With that said, you can do both multiple times if you alternate set/reps and don’t trait to concentric failure.

it all comes down to what program/routine you’re doing. Squatting more then 1x a week is totally fine, I do it 2x a week. I hit all my bodyparts 2x a week in my program. For my leg days, I do back squats (ass to the grass), leg press, and deadlifts.

And if you’re doing squats, say, on Monday, then I take it Monday is your lower body/leg day, so you should do the front/back/hack squats (or any other variation you have) all on Monday. Deadlifts are same. Deadlifts are also benefficial for your back. Make sure you know proper form as well - there are many articles about it on this site.

One option is to do single-leg squats and/or deadlifts on one day.

I do breathing squats 3x a week followed by 12 rounds of 50m sprinting. Why does it work? Total volume per week is low.

stripped down hypertrophy seems like it might have something to it. Anyone do this?

[quote]undeadlift wrote:
I do breathing squats 3x a week followed by 12 rounds of 50m sprinting. Why does it work? Total volume per week is low.[/quote]

what’s your volume like?

[quote]hexx wrote:
You certainly can. Check out stripped down hypertrophy.

The reason most BB’ers do not squat or deadlift more than once a week is because at their level of development, the load is so great that doing these lifts more frequently would result in injury or CNS burn out.

With that said, you can do both multiple times if you alternate set/reps and don’t trait to concentric failure.

[/quote]

Agreed. Mix up the reps. I like Mondays for heavy day, and Thurs for Tabata-style squatting.

All of this is on hold while I finish out the V-Diet.

If you like squatting, try the “Squats and Milk” routine, what old-time guys did before gear.

[quote]ronin45 wrote:
undeadlift wrote:
I do breathing squats 3x a week followed by 12 rounds of 50m sprinting. Why does it work? Total volume per week is low.

what’s your volume like?[/quote]

That’s it. That’s basically my cardio sessions for the week. My weight training right now mostly involves back work.

I start 13 week smolov next week, and it has me squatting 4 times a week at a time.

I think squats in high volume are fine I would not do it with say deadlifts though.

I do squats 3x weekly, with variations of em throughout. One day will be heavy back squat, next moderate front squat session, and the third will incorportate more unilateral work and OH squats.

you guys do and consider pistol squats in your routine? If so do you use dumb bells with them?

i do squats 1-3 x a day, depending on how often I have to poop. not sure how you guys can only do it once per week.

as said, of course you can squat more than once a week, just depends on your goals and programming.

The best leg gains I’ve ever made were doing a set of 30-rep squats to failure, 2x per week.

I do heavy squatting and deadlifting/goodmornings on monday, and speed squats, and good mornings or deadlifting(going to add in Powercleans to see how that goes) on friday.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
The best leg gains I’ve ever made were doing a set of 30-rep squats to failure, 2x per week. [/quote]

(j/c) Why’d you stop? Are you cycling reps? What was you’re diet like during that time?

I can do squats twice a week if all im doing physcially is workingout. However,i work in construction…and when i have construction work, i have to go to once a week.

I guess im saying that the physical activity you do during the week in addition to workingout can take its toll on the body and has to be factored into your workout plan.

I just started a new routine that has me doing squats twice and deads once per week. I going heavy the first squat session and higher reps the second session.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
The best leg gains I’ve ever made were doing a set of 30-rep squats to failure, 2x per week. [/quote]

30, or 20?

20 is hard as hell; 30 would be abso-fucking-lutely brutal.

Props either way, though.

[quote]undeadlift wrote:
I do breathing squats 3x a week followed by 12 rounds of 50m sprinting. Why does it work? Total volume per week is low.[/quote]

You are 150 lbs. What makes you think it is “working” ?