T Nation

Squats in the Curl Rack

Squat rack curlers. We all know them. We all hate them. But tonight, I tasted just a little bit of sweet revenge.

My gym’s only squat rack was, as usual, being used. But they also have an honest-to-goodness curl rack; it looks like a squat rack for midgets. And as I was walking in, it was empty.

So I threw away the cambered bar, loaded up an olympic bar, tossed it onto the curl rack, and proceeded to do a few sets of Zercher squats. Seeing the look on all the curlers’ faces, the confusion, the deer-in-headlights as the realized they might have to pick their precious EZ-Curl off the ground, made a little bit of me come back to life.

I applaud you sir.

That’s gold.

[quote]thomas.galvin wrote:
Squat rack curlers. We all know them. We all hate them. But tonight, I tasted just a little bit of sweet revenge.

My gym’s only squat rack was, as usual, being used. But they also have an honest-to-goodness curl rack; it looks like a squat rack for midgets. And as I was walking in, it was empty.

So I threw away the cambered bar, loaded up an olympic bar, tossed it onto the curl rack, and proceeded to do a few sets of Zercher squats. Seeing the look on all the curlers’ faces, the confusion, the deer-in-headlights as the realized they might have to pick their precious EZ-Curl off the ground, made a little bit of me come back to life.[/quote]

I thought this may have been more appropriate for the squat rack curl thread:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=480680

But it was pretty dam funny. Would have been really funny if whoever was using the aquat rack was doing curls: Them curling in squat rack, while you squat in the curl rack, classic.

[quote]Petedacook wrote:But it was pretty dam funny. Would have been really funny if whoever was using the aquat rack was doing curls: Them curling in squat rack, while you squat in the curl rack, classic.
[/quote]

Standing military press with all of 65 pounds, actually. I suppose this was just to much to clean.

Petedacook wrote:But it was pretty dam funny. Would have been really funny if whoever was using the aquat rack was doing curls: Them curling in squat rack, while you squat in the curl rack, classic.

Standing military press with all of 65 pounds, actually. I suppose this was just to much to clean.[/quote]

He doesn’t want to strain his lower back…or anything else for that matter.

Petedacook wrote:But it was pretty dam funny. Would have been really funny if whoever was using the aquat rack was doing curls: Them curling in squat rack, while you squat in the curl rack, classic.

Standing military press with all of 65 pounds, actually. I suppose this was just to much to clean.[/quote]

At least he wasn’t curling.

Jesus! standing military with 65 pounds? So what, they had a bar and 10 pounds on eaach side.

I think I would have felt like beating them with it.

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
Jesus! standing military with 65 pounds? So what, they had a bar and 10 pounds on eaach side.

I think I would have felt like beating them with it. [/quote]

I’m honestly kind of torn about that one. On the one hand, yeah, he’s doing a standing military with 65 pounds, in the squat rack. On the other hand, he’s doing standing military press, which you will not is neither a bench press nor a curl… so I guess I have to give him points for at least trying.

But, yeah, a bar with 10s.

[quote]Petedacook wrote:

I think I would have felt like beating them with it. [/quote]

It doesn’t bother me, presuming the guy didn’t think he was hot shit. We all started somewhere. I still vividly remember starting off when I was 15 squatting nothing but bar for a few weeks.

I’m suprised you guys are so open minded to stupid crap in the gym. I have a pretty low tolerance to seeing stupid crap in the gym, especially when the people are wasting my time or causing an incenvenience for me.

The majority of people in the gym I go to are not serious about working out, show up every once in a while, and never make any progress. When people are serious and actually show they can make some progress, they are cool in my book.

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
I’m suprised you guys are so open minded to stupid crap in the gym. I have a pretty low tolerance to seeing stupid crap in the gym, especially when the people are wasting my time or causing an incenvenience for me.

The majority of people in the gym I go to are not serious about working out, show up every once in a while, and never make any progress. When people are serious and actually show they can make some progress, they are cool in my book. [/quote]

This from a guy thats been working out since August. Boy are you hardcore.