For many years much was written about:
- squats n milk
- breathing squats
- squat heavy
- no squat = sissy
- more squats
- this squat
- that squat, etc...
Some was valuable...
So this thread is meant to be about squatting 2 or 3 days weekly for size.
The potential positive outcomes are:
- bigger legs
- getting leaner
- maybe both
- get a learning experience.
Here are a few guidelines so we enter this experience somewhat on the same page.
- locking knees or even 1 is illegal and disqualify that set(it cannot be counted).
- each rep must be all the way down( if your flexibility is not up to it well practice until you get there(in case of injury history you are the best judge).
each set must have between 32 and 75 sec. TUT
bouncing back up is NOT legal and disqualify that set(it is about lifting not activating reflexes).
It should be obvious by now that loads will be smaller than what many are used to(you might do your heavy stuff as you please but it is not part of this thread).
Any rep shorter than 4 sec is illegal and disqualify that set.
- We can play with tempo as long as we fallow previous format.
- Any variation is welcome(back, front, goblet, dumbbells, backpack, etc...) as long as it is good form.
- We might use 1 to 3 daily session(s).
- In case we go at it for many weeks it might be interesting to write our numbers down(weight, each leg and waist size.