T Nation

Squats for Quads Not Ass

I’ve been doing a lot of heavy squats and 20 rep squats with a fairly wide stance. I’ve noticed that my pants are getting tight in the ass (no, I’m not getting fat). The last thing I need is more rear end. I already have a pretty big bubble, especially for a white guy (can I say that?)…anyway, I like squatting, but I really dont’ want more size in that area. What’s a good way to focus on the quads?

Front squats all the way.

EDIT: Barbell hack squats as well.

narrow stance
heels elevated
front squats with narrow stance, heels elevated.

I’ve never understood why guys wouldn’t want a giant, sturdy ass. Maybe because I was sans ass as a beginner and I’ve struggled to bring it up, but I don’t get it.

Id 2nd and 3rd the close stance front squats, with or with out heels elevated. There is also the 1 1/4 squats varation.

A quick note would be to make sure Johnson and his 2 companions are cleared through the legs and out of the way or they will get crushed. Just my personal exerperience.

[quote]conorh wrote:
I’ve never understood why guys wouldn’t want a giant, sturdy ass. Maybe because I was sans ass as a beginner and I’ve struggled to bring it up, but I don’t get it.[/quote]

Because some of us didnt have to work for it, and by working it, it gets disproportional real quickly.

And why the hell would you want a giant ass?

Front squats are best, both for this reason and for others as you probably know.

LOL…boy do I know where this guy is coming from. I started doing ATG squats about 6 months ago and my ass is getting huge! Between that and deads (my favorite lift so I tend to do them quite often) my ass is beginning to look kind of funny…the gilfriend likes it though :wink:

[quote]Hrastnik wrote:
conorh wrote:
I’ve never understood why guys wouldn’t want a giant, sturdy ass. Maybe because I was sans ass as a beginner and I’ve struggled to bring it up, but I don’t get it.

Because some of us didnt have to work for it, and by working it, it gets disproportional real quickly.

And why the hell would you want a giant ass? [/quote]

Why are boobs good? Why does the sun shine? How does a posi-track rear end work?

[quote]waltny wrote:
A quick note would be to make sure Johnson and his 2 companions are cleared through the legs and out of the way or they will get crushed. Just my personal exerperience.[/quote]

Damn! I’ll be sure to keep that in mind.

[quote]LBRTRN wrote:
LOL…boy do I know where this guy is coming from. I started doing ATG squats about 6 months ago and my ass is getting huge! Between that and deads (my favorite lift so I tend to do them quite often) my ass is beginning to look kind of funny…the gilfriend likes it though :wink: [/quote]

Believe me, I can fill out a pair of jeans. I wish I had legs to match the bubble.

Anyone doing leg curl exercises?

I really cant squat deep without a wide stance…and its nota too much weight issue. Just squating without any weight because ive tried to fix my form many times…without any weight…squating witha normal narrow stance my body literally wont all me to go any deeper than parallel and to go parallel is hard. How do i get deep squats without a wide stance?

From what I hear around work and my girlfriend, most women appreciate a nice, sizable, firm set of cheeks on the back side.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
From what I hear around work and my girlfriend, most women appreciate a nice, sizable, firm set of cheeks on the back side.[/quote]

I got back.

I experienced the same thing and I do not want a bigger butt. So now I just do heavy leg extensions instead. They work for me…

[quote]conorh wrote:
Hrastnik wrote:
conorh wrote:

And why the hell would you want a giant ass?

Why are boobs good? Why does the sun shine? How does a posi-track rear end work?
[/quote]

i pronounce it dirte, it actually sounds pretty cool

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
From what I hear around work and my girlfriend, most women appreciate a nice, sizable, firm set of cheeks on the back side.[/quote]

Yeah, last week some girl at the bar I work at came up and told me that I had a nice ass and all her friends thought so too. Made my night.

DD

Dude, doing squats helps get you ass?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Dude, doing squats helps get you ass?[/quote]

Better than being a Jackass!

I’m in the same big white boy butt boat (that’s a mouthfull). It’s definitely disproportionate to the rest of my lower body. I’ll have to give front squats a try.