Squats/Deadlifts (Videos) - Me

16 Years Old
5’9" 175lbs

275 x 7 Deadlift - YouTube 275x7 Deadlift

- YouTube 190 x 5 ATG squats

didn’t breath right on squats thats why I have those pauses I was out of it

Max Deadlift 327 x 2 it’s in the picture

Good Form.

I just did legs today and when I finished a guy went in the squat rack after me whilst I was doing some Straigh Leg Deads (wow! do they twang the ham’s the day after!) You should have seen him! 1/4 squats ruled for him! lol.

I wanted to tell him he’d do better taking the weight off and doing them properly but I find it’s best to leave folks unless they ask. Plus, I’m still a fat f*ck so who’s gonna listen to me!

Deads good form

two things. If your looking to compete and hell just get dog ass stong treat the lighter weights as they are heavy. Dont slowly pull that damn thing up. LIFT the mother. explode give it your all and perfect that form at the same intensity you would be using on a maximal pull. The DL is an explosive lift. Sure the load may make it slow but your are aiming to move it fast so train the same MOVE that damn load.

Next as the loads go up your going to want to lose the trendy baggy short things and get something that fits snug. your going to get a lot of drag on those things.

Phill

Squat

same thing awesome form nice to see you nailing that. Now treat that load as HEAVY. Fire that SOB out of the bottom get it up.

If its easy doing that great up the load next time.

Phill

Good form. It’s good to see younger lifters doing some deads and squats instead of the usual 60min bicep workout.

Train hard, now is a great time to make gains. I’m 16 too and my deadlift went from 230-385 in about a year.

You keep that up and you will be one big, strong mofo.

Good deadlift. You should however position your hands close to shoulder-width with elbows pointed down on the squats. The wide grip tends to round the shoulders forward (which is dangerous), whereas the close grip naturally pulls the shoulders back and puffs the chest out.

Search the site. There are a ton of articles on squats and form. And be patient, you have plenty of time to get big and strong.

[quote]!vic wrote:
The wide grip tends to round the shoulders forward (which is dangerous), whereas the close grip naturally pulls the shoulders back and puffs the chest out.
[/quote]

There seems to be different opinions on this

Dave tate says- [quote]

Mistake #2: Pulling the shoulder blades together

This is a mistake I made for years. Stand in a deadlift stance and pull your shoulder blades together. Take a look at where your fingertips are. Now if you let your shoulders relax and even round forward a little you’ll see your fingertips are much lower. This is why we teach a rounding of the upper back. First, the bar has to travel a shorter distance. Second, there’s less stress on the shoulder region. It’ll also help to keep your shoulder blades behind the bar.[/quote]

Mike Robertson- [quote]

I can tell when a powerlifter is going to miss a lift before he even attempts it. That’s because he starts the pull with his chest caved over. When this happens, the bar gets out in front of you and your low back has to work overtime to get the bar back in the groove. You end up doing what amounts to a straight leg deadlift. Instead, force the chest up from the beginning [/quote]

lol,sorry, just realized you were talking about the squats.

w00t now I just gotta lose all my muscle because I might need surgery for my rotator cuff :frowning:

[quote]XxXxRobxXxX wrote:
16 Years Old
5’9" 175lbs

275 x 7 Deadlift - YouTube 275x7 Deadlift

- YouTube 190 x 5 ATG squats

didn’t breath right on squats thats why I have those pauses I was out of it

Max Deadlift 327 x 2 it’s in the picture[/quote]

on your squat you should grip the bar a lot narrower and rotate your shoulders forwards, so they point to the ground…it’ll keep your back tight and chest out.

Other than that good lifting from what i can see on the video