Squats are Larger than Life.

[quote]threewhitelights wrote:
heavythrower wrote:

scottish hammer throwing is the best!!! if you do not throw the hammer far you are nothing!!!

Duuuuuuude. Everyone knows atlas stones are the only real test of strength. If you can’t load to a 54" platform you are NOTHING![/quote]

Fuck. I can’t even reach a 54" platform.

[quote]blackngrey609 wrote:
thats fucking sick bro. i have to agree SQUATS ARE KING! last time i did the 20 rep squats i maxed at 315 then puked everywhere haha. I’m no where on your level though. [/quote]

It is the attitude and your level of effort that is most important. Many fail to realize that. Some have genetic advantages, but many of the best, have had a special attitude from day one. Keep the attitude, and you will get far!

[quote]Rape Weight wrote:
Awesome video man. I almost forgive you for your depth threads.[/quote]

Talking the talk, walking the walk…

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
does anybody realize that jesse did those squats at the END of a brutal workout which included power cleans of around 350lbs for reps?[/quote]

YES. :slight_smile:

[quote]
I don’t think stallion is really trying to say he is as good as Marunde, just getting close to his squat numbers. Marunde was the definition of man, too bad he went before he could win WSM, but second place is pretty damn good too.[/quote]

No were near where Marunde was, just maybe close to his SQ numbers…

[quote]

ya, i get that too, but this guy is in grave need of some humble pie as of late with all his self aggrandizing threads. he has healthy knees, and the squat is his pet lift, i respect his passion, but get a little older and rack up about a dozen or so major injuries and talk to me about the “ONLY REAL LIFTING IS DEEEEEEEEEP ATG SQUATS!!! ARRRGH”!!!

oh and everybody knows the only REAL lifting is deadlifts anhoo. since that is the only lift i am even moderately still any good at, that has to be so, right? just ask anybody from Finland lol. [/quote]

The deadlift and the squat is the two best lifts. The deadlift perhaps being number one of those, but the squat is technically more difficult in my opinion. Choosing what is the best of deadlift and squat is a personal matter. I’m 31 and I have already suffered a whole range of injuries, the worst a lower back injury that prevented me from back squatting for more than a year. I tought my squatting days were gone forever. Luckily I made it back. I am very thankful for this, and I appreciate the healthy back much more than before the injury.

Many of the posts that I make is with humor and a smile, maybe it is not apparent to everybody. :wink:

[quote]DouglasJ16 wrote:
Wow, impressive stuff. Mad props.

Been doing 20 rep squats for a while or they relatively new to your training?[/quote]

I’ve been doing a lot of high reps the last year. But been squatting since 2000.

Thank you for the replies. Some negative replies there will always be. Instead of discussing those and try to defend myself, I mostly just read them and see what they say (I reply to some, but try avoiding the flaming contests). No matter what, there will always be someone that doesn’t like what I am, or what I do. Nothing to do about that.

I made this comparison video for fun. I do not believe that I am better than the great Marunde was, in any way. It was just fun for me as an amateur lifter to be able to do a set close to his squat set.

I think the squat is great, and I could have used another video than that of myself, but I didn’t.

I am proud of my achievements, and will continue to achieve better in the future. I am just an amateur lifter with a passion for the squat.

My journey will continue. I wish all of you work hard too, towards your goals. And when you reach your goals, or when you have something to show, don’t be afraid of doing so.

Those who work hard, know how to respect other peoples achievements.

– stallion

Insane perf…! Great achievement! Congrats!

[quote]stallion wrote:

Those who work hard, know how to respect other peoples achievements.

– stallion
[/quote]

well stated

Berserkgang: Thank you.

Mrodock: Thank you too!

Great video Per! I’m looking forward with anticipation to the day when you will get 190 x 20.

[quote]molnes wrote:
Great video Per! I’m looking forward with anticipation to the day when you will get 190 x 20. [/quote]

Hehe, Geir! :wink: Well, it should have been done already (I’m tempted to put in some excuses here), but you know: NO EXCUSES! :slight_smile: