Squats and Deadlift - Back "Pain" Normal?

Hello

For the first time in my life i did squats and deadlifts.
Both were 185 pounds for 3 sets of 5.
Was lots of fun :smiley: Definitely going to stick with it.
My bench sucks: 135 pounds.
I warmed up for all 3 exercises.

Anyway,
I felt this back ā€œpainā€ (you feel it after the exercise, not during). Not pain like ā€œomfg my backā€ but kind of that burning ā€œoverworked-sorenessā€ pain. I felt it more during the deadlift.

I found this odd since i seem to be built to deadlift: very short legs, average length arm and torso.
However deadlifting felt too easy. Even though im not sure i could have pulled more weight, it felt very ā€œnaturalā€.
When you deadlift, how is the stance different from squatting? I felt like deadlifting was kind of a mix between a 1/8 squat and a barbell row (in terms of starting positionā€¦i didnt pull the weight up).

I know i need to show you guys via video but i dont have a video camera, so until thenā€¦please advise :stuck_out_tongue:

Every time Iā€™ve been a ā€œbeginnerā€ at squats and deadlifts (as in hadnā€™t done them for 3 months previous), I always felt ā€œthe burnā€ in my lower back during the workout, I think thatā€™s the lactic acid feeling. And most of the DOMS is in my lower back the two days after. My lower back just seems like naturally the weakest point in the posterior chain for 3 workouts or so if you havenā€™t been doing the movements. So your sensation doesnā€™t sound too dangerous, but Iā€™m no expert thatā€™s just my anecdotal experience.

Check out this:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6529481301858251744

Dan John on Oly lifts, Squats first, and deadlifts start at approximately 42:20.

Good luck.