T Nation

Squats - 405x8, 315x20, 225x30

Youtube is full of videos, some are better than others.
Correction, Youtube is full of shitty weight lifting videos, good ones are rare.

This one is by bskola, it’s My Top 5.

Squats - 405x8, 315x20, 225x30

Dude also does 135 lbs x 150.

What have you done lately?

Impressive video. That will definitely pack some size on your legs.

after watching that. i havent done a damn thing lately. i quit.

What the fuck is with that stance???
I assume it would make it extremely hard to balance sideways…is that why he’s doing it?

[quote]blazindave wrote:
I assume it would make it extremely hard to balance sideways…is that why he’s doing it?[/quote]

lol

close stance = more quad

I too have found the narrow stance strange, but I guess whatever works. Would it be more had the stance been proper?

Now for more, of What Have You Done Lately?

20 Clapping Pull Ups

and best for last:

Overhead Squat - Bodyweight x 15 reps

This girl rocks, I can’t even do one.

MASSIVE RESPEKT TO ALL!!!

I did 160kg (350lb) x12 and 11 this week… Hoping to hit 180 (400) x6-8 or there abouts in the next 2 weeks at 215-220.

That’s an awesome workout that was posted first. When I get 180x8 I’m so trying it.

Just one of the comments from Youtube about Nicole squatting:

“i dont lift weights but i wonder how much more technically difficult it would be for her to use another person of the same weight instead of a bar?”

[quote]Mega Newb wrote:
blazindave wrote:
I assume it would make it extremely hard to balance sideways…is that why he’s doing it?

lol

close stance = more quad[/quote]

looks like he’s leaning pretty far forward and the bar isn’t directly above his heels at the start

can’t say I get the technique but pretty damn strong.

[quote]ukrainian wrote:

“i dont lift weights but i wonder how much more technically difficult it would be for her to use another person of the same weight instead of a bar?”[/quote]

I don’t know if you were laughing at the comment or genuinely curious, but I will tell you it’s completely different and far more difficult. I don’t overhead squat, but I do plenty of overhead pressing. A friend/co-worker of mine used to take turns pressing the girls at work. Pressing a 150 pound chick is much more difficult than pressing a 150 pound barbell. Here’s a shitty camera phone example.

All that aside, that was some awesome squatting.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
ukrainian wrote:

“i dont lift weights but i wonder how much more technically difficult it would be for her to use another person of the same weight instead of a bar?”

I don’t know if you were laughing at the comment or genuinely curious, but I will tell you it’s completely different and far more difficult. I don’t overhead squat, but I do plenty of overhead pressing. A friend/co-worker of mine used to take turns pressing the girls at work. Pressing a 150 pound chick is much more difficult than pressing a 150 pound barbell. Here’s a shitty camera phone example.

All that aside, that was some awesome squatting.[/quote]

I was laughing at the comment, but not really in a bad way. It’s just something that no one ever brings up.

And, yes, pressing girls seems like a lot of fun. It’s like when Arnold used them as weight for donkey calf raises.

[quote]blazindave wrote:
I assume it would make it extremely hard to balance sideways…is that why he’s doing it?[/quote]

for the heavy sets his stance is normal, little more close then normal but some people are stronger that way. He gets a little ridiculous on the light sets though when his heels are touching.

Here is one of my favorite drop set squat videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KkvrVq_0CM&feature=related I like how his temp is the same for every lift and doesn’t cheat on any of them.

Another good squat video.
585x11: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWIPkXJ568Q

I would say for any shot putter (or any athlete for that matter) this is pretty respectable.