T Nation

Squating Deadlifting Benching

Im used the search tool but didnt find what I was looking for. I know there have been some articles that relate to strenght vs size as the goal on this routines. Basically RAW strength gain routines.

Can anyone point me in the right direction. Either ones you have used or ones on this web site.

Thanks!

Take a look at the Starting Strength thread here in the beginners forum. It should have what you’re looking for.

[quote]ninjaboy wrote:
Take a look at the Starting Strength thread here in the beginners forum. It should have what you’re looking for.[/quote]

He has been a member since 05, I think/hope he has progressed past the need for starting strength.

crap, didn’t see that. In that case, poke around the strength sports forum.

[quote]Zagman wrote:
ninjaboy wrote:
Take a look at the Starting Strength thread here in the beginners forum. It should have what you’re looking for.

He has been a member since 05, I think/hope he has progressed past the need for starting strength.[/quote]

He could have lost the account. Never know.

Unless of course you know more then me (If you’ve known him for awhile or something…), in which case I’ll shutup and try to stop looking like an idiot.

[quote]caladin wrote:
Im used the search tool but didnt find what I was looking for. I know there have been some articles that relate to strenght vs size as the goal on this routines. Basically RAW strength gain routines.

Can anyone point me in the right direction. Either ones you have used or ones on this web site.

Thanks![/quote]

I guess I am not 100% following. Are you looking for a routine that focuses on purely building strength [i]without[/i] adding size? I think that’s what you are asking, but I might be wrong.

[quote]caladin wrote:

Thanks![/quote]

Wendler 5/3/1 seems to be gaining popularity; The Texas Method or Starr 5x5 both have good linear progression; Stephan Korte 3x3; Starting Strength

I’m not sure what years of membership have to do with program recommendation. He could have joined at 13. Messed around at school is finally getting serious.

strength without adding size is correct. I have been doing routines for size and strengh all along. My legs are plenty big they rub when I walk. I want to keep getting them stronger.

I threw in asking for Bench and Dead since I thought an over all rotuine might end up better. Either or… Yep I have been here for along time. Just seem to have misplaced the articles I printed out on Just strenght routines for bodyparts.

Thanks guys!

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
caladin wrote:

Thanks!

Wendler 5/3/1 seems to be gaining popularity; The Texas Method or Starr 5x5 both have good linear progression; Stephan Korte 3x3; Starting Strength

I’m not sure what years of membership have to do with program recommendation. He could have joined at 13. Messed around at school is finally getting serious. [/quote]

I am doing the Wendler 5/3/1 and I am a very big fan of it. You would need to buy the book or ebook over at Elitefts.com though - it is not an article on here. Worth the investment, to me though.

[quote]Kuz wrote:
TheDudeAbides wrote:
caladin wrote:

Thanks!

I’m not sure what years of membership have to do with program recommendation. He could have joined at 13. Messed around at school is finally getting serious.

I am doing the Wendler 5/3/1 and I am a very big fan of it. You would need to buy the book or ebook over at Elitefts.com though - it is not an article on here. Worth the investment, to me though.[/quote]

Yeah, I know You know, you could be a little more descriptive on your thread - boring but big for starters :wink: jk