T Nation

Squat Weakness. Confused. Help

Just did a max effort squat day. My training partner said that my technique looked solid. Came out of the whole well, but about halfway through the lift i just got stuck. My partner said i didnt break down technique-wise. The bar just stopped on me.

Any ideas how to fix this? Seems this has been a problem for me for awhile.

Maybe mental? Anything hurting? Usually when my form and strength and programming has gone right the only thing that makes me get stuck like that or miss a rep is the mentality.

Since none of us have a crystal ball, it would probably be more helpful if you posted a video since it could be about 839242985892459289862843954235 different things

If your form doesn’t break down and you can’t lift it means you aren’t strong enough to lift it. Not trying to be an A-hole, sometimes it is just a strength issue. Keep working on getting stronger just by working hard and consistently. Hopefully the same thing will happen but it will be with another 20, 50, 100 lbs on the bar. If you think you are weak in that specific range try Anderson squats, fronts squats and leg press to build your squatting strength in the mid range. Of course a video would help as well

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
Since none of us have a crystal ball, it would probably be more helpful if you posted a video since it could be about 839242985892459289862843954235 different things[/quote]

This made me laugh

If your form is good and it didnt break down and you couldnt squat the weight, youre too weak. Get stronger.