Squat vs Leg Press

I while ago I asked what are the best leg exercises and all of you agreed on the squat.
Surprinsinly (for me) the leg press was not high rated so I was wondering why.

Why the squat is better than the legpress ?!?

Sqatting incorporates your entire body into the movement.If done correctly and with high volume and weight your whole body grows because of it.That’s what 20 rep squats are based off of.People have gained at least 10 pounds using that system.Leg presses allow you to cheat way too much and focuses on a basic part of your legs.The squat builds up the entire leg.

More muscles used, less pressure on the disks of the lower back.

I think leg presses are better for quad hypertrophy.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
I think leg presses are better for quad hypertrophy.[/quote]

Apparently it’s better for speed skaters too.

leg press equals a good accessory lift after and to Aid your sqautting and DLing

Phill

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
I think leg presses are better for quad hypertrophy.

Apparently it’s better for speed skaters too.[/quote]

sorry this joke went over my head

[quote]MAS50 wrote:
That’s what 20 rep squats are based off of.People have gained at least 10 pounds using that system.[/quote]

What is this system?

squats and milk is the name. Squats have a much better application to life.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
I think leg presses are better for quad hypertrophy.[/quote]

From a pure bodybuilding point of view [all show; no go] Leg Press’s do have some value. In every other way imageable, Squats are in a different league.

Squat 1 - Leg press 0
Thanks guys :wink:

[quote]Phill wrote:
leg press equals a good accessory lift after and to Aid your sqautting and DLing

Phill[/quote]

I second what Phill said.

While squats are obviously superior to leg presses, I dont believe leg presses should be neglected entirely. I think they are a great accessory exercise as stated already.

I personally like to incorporate single leg leg presses to finish a leg workout, in order to go beyond failure.