Squat Toilet

Cool concept, this is actually how most of the world moves their bowels, looks like there may be health benefits http://www.naturesplatform.com/

Lillipad, this girl’s too cute! Lillipad Squatting Platform

Anyone use or build a platform like this? I’m thinking I could just use some concrete block on either side of the shitter. Time to poop in a new position!

Use what everyone else on this site uses…the RMP forum.

I never thought it was possible to look undignified while taking a dump, but leave it to the Internet to prove me wrong.

in the first picture that guy has insane flexibility, I can not squat like that.

lol good luck, hope you don’t fall-could be very messy when taking a shit-

never been to japan have you?

Hmm, we have those here as well.

Just annoying when people cant aim and pee allllll over the stands…

(however the seats or… bowl, is in the ground… not elevated…) and just imagine two porcelain bricks to stand on

Won’t she make a mess of her trousers if she does it like that?

…or maybe that’s why she’s grining?

I had to use those when i was in thailand. I feel bad for the cleaning lady because i got the shits from the thai food and honselty didnt know how to aim :stuck_out_tongue:

Typical asian toilet: http://www.sls.bc.ca/thailand2006/march17_4lg.jpg

Why is the guy at the bottom sitting on the toilet in the fetal position? Who the fuck sits on a toilet like that?

Am I the only one who doesn’t hug my knees when I take a shit?

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
Why is the guy at the bottom sitting on the toilet in the fetal position? Who the fuck sits on a toilet like that?

Am I the only one who doesn’t hug my knees when I take a shit?[/quote]

Asians my friends, asians.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

Am I the only one who doesn’t hug my knees when I take a shit?[/quote]

Not sure if I agree with all this, I’ll just have to try and see what happens. It can’t hurt anyway. From the 1st website above:

Seven Advantages of Squatting 

Makes elimination faster, easier and more complete. This helps prevent “fecal stagnation,” a prime factor in colon cancer, appendicitis and inflammatory bowel disease.

Protects the nerves that control the prostate, bladder and uterus from becoming stretched and damaged.

Securely seals the ileocecal valve, between the colon and the small intestine. In the conventional sitting position, this valve is unsupported and often leaks during evacuation, contaminating the small intestine.

Relaxes the puborectalis muscle which normally chokes the rectum in order to maintain continence.

Uses the thighs to support the colon and prevent straining. Chronic straining on the toilet can cause hernias, diverticulosis, and pelvic organ prolapse.

A highly effective, non-invasive treatment for hemorrhoids, as shown by published clinical research.

For pregnant women, squatting avoids pressure on the uterus when using the toilet. Daily squatting helps prepare one for a more natural delivery.

Hhhmmm…

Sounds intuitive. Anyone else ever notice it’s easier to shit on a low toilet, where your knees are a little higher than your hips when sitting? Maybe it’s just me?

Squatting would definitely require removing my chinos first, though; I’d have to install a hook on the wall…

[quote]Andyyboy wrote:
I had to use those when i was in thailand. I feel bad for the cleaning lady because i got the shits from the thai food and honselty didnt know how to aim :stuck_out_tongue:

Typical asian toilet: http://www.sls.bc.ca/thailand2006/march17_4lg.jpg [/quote]

That’s the luxury version of a squat toilet. Usually there is just a hole in the restroom, where you can take your dumb. Afterwards you have to use a bucket to flush.

I guess that’s the reason why I can squat ass to grass without even practicing. :slight_smile: (well, I’m from Vietnam and that’s why I can “naturally” perform the third world squat)

On another note, do you guys think “bouncing” of your calves/hammies while squatting is more healthy for the knees. Some time ago I read that benching with touching the chest is more healthy for the shoulder joints, because the shock travels through the whole body.

[quote]Hog Ear wrote:
Vicomte wrote:

Am I the only one who doesn’t hug my knees when I take a shit?

Not sure if I agree with all this, I’ll just have to try and see what happens. It can’t hurt anyway. From the 1st website above:

Seven Advantages of Squatting 

Makes elimination faster, easier and more complete. This helps prevent “fecal stagnation,” a prime factor in colon cancer, appendicitis and inflammatory bowel disease.

Protects the nerves that control the prostate, bladder and uterus from becoming stretched and damaged.

Securely seals the ileocecal valve, between the colon and the small intestine. In the conventional sitting position, this valve is unsupported and often leaks during evacuation, contaminating the small intestine.

Relaxes the puborectalis muscle which normally chokes the rectum in order to maintain continence.

Uses the thighs to support the colon and prevent straining. Chronic straining on the toilet can cause hernias, diverticulosis, and pelvic organ prolapse.

A highly effective, non-invasive treatment for hemorrhoids, as shown by published clinical research.

For pregnant women, squatting avoids pressure on the uterus when using the toilet. Daily squatting helps prepare one for a more natural delivery.
[/quote]

This can be thought of as “functional shitting”. It’s not a bad concept.

Why go through so much trouble? Just put on a pair of olympic shoes (for those without enough flexibility), get your hips down and go anyplace you feel like…waiting for the bus, waiting in line at McDonalds…trying to hook an eagle on the golf course! hell, I predict we’ll all do that someday.

Next we can have HIIT shitting?

Figured out a way to make it work on the cheap- 2 heavy duty buckets to put my feet on. Don’t want to be crude, but I had my 1st go of it eariler, the bowel empties quick! Never felt like I had to push, feels quite natural. This is how I’ll be doing #2!

I think I pooped in the woods like that one time.

[quote]elano wrote:
I think I pooped in the woods like that one time.[/quote]

I have too. Wasn’t bad, but I prefer the porcelin throne.

I don’t want to get to the bottom of a heavy front squat and have my body think, “oh, is it time to take a shit now?” :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness though, in spite of my diet I’ve still dealt with enough hemorrhoids and constipation to think this is worth trying.