Squat Stance and Back Pressure

Front squats are good when you need to recover from a back injury.

You’re 16. I am 33, and I’ve been lifting for 10 years. Won’t take away your dreams, but
most squats that are a grand (1000lbs or 454kg) are done by genetically gifted lifters
that used steroids too. I am not saying everyone did steroids, but most did. A notable
exception might be Paul Anderson. Unless you’re genetically gifted, a life goal of a 300kg (660lbs)
squat would be a better goal. A 300kg squat with only a belt is something most natural athletes
cannot do, it is a huge goal.

Best of luck with your future goals. You started young, and make sure to be patient and stay away from injuries. Preferably get under the wings of a great coach. Do not fall for the steroid trap.

– Stallion

[quote]stallion wrote:
Front squats are good when you need to recover from a back injury.

You’re 16. I am 33, and I’ve been lifting for 10 years. Won’t take away your dreams, but
most squats that are a grand (1000lbs or 454kg) are done by genetically gifted lifters
that used steroids too. I am not saying everyone did steroids, but most did. A notable
exception might be Paul Anderson. Unless you’re genetically gifted, a life goal of a 300kg (660lbs)
squat would be a better goal. A 300kg squat with only a belt is something most natural athletes
cannot do, it is a huge goal.

Best of luck with your future goals. You started young, and make sure to be patient and stay away from injuries. Preferably get under the wings of a great coach. Do not fall for the steroid trap.

– Stallion[/quote]

Thanks for your input. I can’t really tell if I’m “genetically gifted” or not. It’s not like I’m benching 315 at my age or anything. I just want to achieve my goals, natural or not. I don’t really care what gets in my way. I’m going to squat 1,000 whether it kills me or not. Like Jim Wendler, he wasn’t an amazing powerlifter. No doubt about it that he was stronger than most guys will ever be, I’m just saying that for being someone who wasn’t considered “strong”, he still had a great career. Just my two cents.

Luke