Squat Shoe Recommendations?

Appreciate it, everyone! I was having trouble finding certain brands in my size on the low end of the price range, but found Romaleos for $100. Went midway on the price. Hopefully they’re good. I wanted the do-wins, but couldn’t find any in my size.

4 Likes

Romaleos are good, that’s what I have, only reason I didn’t mention them is because you wanted something cheaper and these days they aren’t cheap at all. Mine have lasted 4 years and aren’t done yet.

From what I hear, Romaleos and Adipowers are pretty much the two top WL shoes, the only major difference is that Adipowers are narrower and I have wide feet so I opted against those. If Romaleos don’t work for you it’s not the shoe, it’s you.

2 Likes

You won’t be disappointed. When I first wore weightlifting shoes I was pretty surprised by how well they stuck me to the floor. Big confidence booster.

2 Likes

Just an update in case anyone else finds this topic while searching for shoes: the Romaleos are not particularly comfortable, but they are absolutely awesome shoes. I was able to close up my stance a bit, my hips and back feel 100x better during and after sets. I’m glad Nike recommended getting a half size down. At first, I was worried they were too small, but it’s really just that my feet have zero wiggle room to slide around. They broke in nicely after a few workouts. Again, I appreciate all the advice.

3 Likes

Welcome to Romaleos master race

Edit: the 2s I mean. If you bought the 3s ur kicked out the club

3 Likes

Got the 3s, was never in the club because this is the powerlifting subforum and I don’t lift weights that any serious powerlifter would consider heavy.

Were the 2s not an option because from my understanding they are superior in every way

They probably were, I used a sneaker app and these were on sale. Jumped at it.

Out of curiosity, do the higher heel shoes (1") make any difference in better or worse during the strict press or standing BTN press? Say, compared to a low heel like the Powerlift 3.1

I actually enjoy doing strict OHP with them. BTN doesn’t seem to make that much of a difference but regular OHP I do prefer it.

Well I just jumped on Position P3 Phantom, as a present to myself for my birthday (also, got a 20% discount code). They’re probably wasted on someone like me but the plan is to get good at squatting, hope they’re durable, haven’t found a review of the P3s around yet

UP - got my Position P3 yesterday and tried them today, too early to say anything but they do feel good. Only recommendation, suede leather is the usual bitch, gets stained like nothing, if you don’t want to spend a lot of time taking care of it go for darker models like Obsidian or Greyskull.

In case someone is interested, they have a memorial day sale, 15% off all shoes until Tuesday.
Stack on the code RECOVER20 to take off another 20% (works only once).
Should bring all P3s down to a fairly awesome $130 or so, possibly with free shipping too.