I've been training using westside principles for around 8 months now and finally figured out how to increase my bench, and deadlift has also increased steadily, but my squat is stuck. I would really like to hear anyone's comments on the way I set up my squat routine as I feel a little lost right now. I'm ordering a suit and wraps but right now I train only with a belt. (no access to ghr, reverse hyper or anything but a straight bar)
Speed day (typical)
- wide box squat with purple bands while waving the bar weight of 185, 205, or 225 for 12, 10, and 8 sets, respectively.
- typically use romanian deads at 275 for 3 sets of 8 (sometimes go to 315 for 6's) if not used on de day I'll use this one as an assistive on me day.
- followed by pull throughs, leg raises and standing pulldown abs. etc...
Max Effort Day
- I use shoulder width box squat (pr 375) or sumo deads (pr 455) for max singles or actual wide stance squats for max doubles (355) or triples (335) (feel I have to squat for my form and to become more comfortable). Occasionally, max conventional dead (pr 500).
- Lately I've been doing gm's second until I feel good enough to use it as a max exercise. right now I'm at 245 for 3 of 3 (no belt).
- leg raises, pulldown abs
Sometimes I throw in higher rep Zercher squats or freeweight hack squats at the end of either work-out if I think I need additional work.
Thanks in advance for any help.