T Nation

Squat Replication

Here's the problem, in phase two of Get Huge in a Hurry by Chad Waterbury, squats are prescribed but I don't have a squat rack.

So here are some exercises I think could replace the squat.

1. Elevated trap bar deadlifts
  2. Sumo deadlifts
  3. Zercher squat
    I did front squats in phase one so I'll skip this one.
    Hack squats are already done in workout A, so I'll also skip this one.

Thoughts about which exercise above listed best mimics/replaces the good ol' squat?

Of course I would love to go to another gym, but I simply don't have the time to do so. The nearest gym is about one hour away, that's two hours of traffic time going back and forth.

I’m confused… you can do front squats, but not normal squats? Just use a random barbell, dude. Nothing replaces squats.

I do front squats by cleaning the weight into position.

then once you cleaned it press it overhead and lower it behind your head then squat away?

Hack squats you can obviously do.

If you have a bench (and who doesn’t?), then you can do zercher squats (which I consider just another variation on the front squat) by setting the uprights as high as possible, and simply placing the bar in the crooks of your elbows.

I’ll give zercher squats a go then

No big issue.
Your gym may not have a squat rack or a cage, but it sure has some Dip handles, even a few of them. I don’t have a squat rack in my gym either - so we just put the barbell on the Dip handles.
From your picture I gather you aren’t squatting anything like 450 pounds. With more moderate weights, you can still use the aid of two other guys to help you lift the bar from the front and put it on your back…
Anything is possible. You just have to improvise.