Squat Rep Scheme Question

for the past 10 years, i have not squatted, due to some knee issues. i have something called patellafemoral bilateral displacement, or something like that, in which my knee caps are shifted, noticeably, to the outside. very painful. my orthopede put me in physical therapy, and i am cautiously optemist that my problem can be solved muscularly.

i of course will work with my physical therapist and orthopede, but i’d like to hear from you guys.

last week i did 2 sets of 20 with 95 lbs.
yesterday i did 2 sets of 20 with 105 lbs.

will this rep scheme get me anywhere? i am reluctant to go heavier yet, until i get a handle on my knee stability.

as i side note, i am also doing some sldl’s, leg curls, and leg extensions, all with light weights.

I think the answers here are obvious. The higher rep work will improve blood flow and help get everything working together and help you make sure that your form is good and that all your muscles and tendons are healthy enough to do the movements.

I would stay with the high reps for several weeks just for general conditioning and stability and then very gradually start upping the weight.

yeah, i guess i have little choice. i need to keep it light for several reasons, mostly though so that i can concentrate on getting proper form down. not that i could go heavy anyway, mind you.