T Nation

Squat/Rdl Form Check

[quote]Brads91 wrote:
So in summary, work on strengthening my glutes and hamstrings. Stretch out my hips (think this is causing the forward lean) also I couldn’t post a video without my shoes as I can’t get below parralell without a massive forward lean once again due to tight hips would you say? I also have a very limited range of ankle mobility due to a past broken ankle and torn ligaments thanks to football [/quote]

pretty much.

The ankle will def throw you for a loop, and I assumed you had something more going on. Do some distraction work on it, a lot.

The simplest way to see what helps is try basic stretches for big muscles, if anything in particular helps look deeper for better stuff or post back with what works.

I would just head over to mobilitywod.com and search “hip”. If you had an ankle injury then tight quads or hip flexors may not be the only thing. Look for hip rotator stretches, as well

post back if you need more help or found something that works for you

[quote]Brads91 wrote:
So in summary, work on strengthening my glutes and hamstrings. Stretch out my hips (think this is causing the forward lean) also I couldn’t post a video without my shoes as I can’t get below parralell without a massive forward lean once again due to tight hips would you say? I also have a very limited range of ankle mobility due to a past broken ankle and torn ligaments thanks to football [/quote]

yeah man, you got it right