Squat Rack Curls Quatro

Time for a new one. I’ll start it off with one of my own tales.

Yesterday I was doing heavy deadlifts and on my last set I yanked a smelling salt so far up my nose it burned the back of my skull. Keep in mind, this is in my garage with the door wide open. So I was roaring like a wounded fucking elephant when I started the lift, when I locked it out I started screaming at the top of my lungs then lowered it and (mockingly, trying to startle my roommate who was lifting with me) started crying.

Then I stood up and hurled a can of Diet Coke out of the garage and into the street. When the can hit a car driving by I looked up and noticed that these two smoking hot chicks who were running by had stopped to watch the spectacle of me deadlifting. They looked scared, especially since I had apparently hurled the can right over their heads and it glanced off the car driving by behind them. I sheepishly waved and said “sorry…it’s, uh…the steroids. Heh, heh.” Then I rolled my eyes into the back of my head and kinda staggered back into the garage.

Today I was doing some deep oly-grip front squats, and according to my gf (I wasn’t paying attention) who was with me, after I moved on to the next exercise, another guy tried to do oly grip front squats but ended up doing power curtsies with a lot less weight. People amuse me.

Seriously, if you don’t know how to do something someone else is doing, but you wanna try…just fucking ask. I don’t think I look THAT un-approachable.

DBCooper started a thread?

DOOMED!

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Yesterday I was doing heavy deadlifts and on my last set I yanked a smelling salt so far up my nose it burned the back of my skull. Keep in mind, this is in my garage with the door wide open. So I was roaring like a wounded fucking elephant when I started the lift, when I locked it out I started screaming at the top of my lungs then lowered it and (mockingly, trying to startle my roommate who was lifting with me) started crying.

Then I stood up and hurled a can of Diet Coke out of the garage and into the street. When the can hit a car driving by I looked up and noticed that these two smoking hot chicks who were running by had stopped to watch the spectacle of me deadlifting. They looked scared, especially since I had apparently hurled the can right over their heads and it glanced off the car driving by behind them. I sheepishly waved and said “sorry…it’s, uh…the steroids. Heh, heh.” Then I rolled my eyes into the back of my head and kinda staggered back into the garage.

That’s pretty douchey bro, lucky it wasn’t my car.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

That’s pretty douchey bro, lucky it wasn’t my car.[/quote]

Fuck yeah it was douchey. Pretty douchey? Try heavily douchey…bro. I doubt you’re the model of proper decorum and etiquette at all times either though, especially if you have the luxury of working out in the privacy of your own garage.

Come on, let’s hear it: I’m sick of hearing motherfuckers talk shit about a bunch of newbies and dumbfucks who frequent the gym in this thread, as if they don’t ever do stupid shit or have done stupid shit.

I’ve shared some what-the-fuck moments on here that I’ve seen in gyms, but I’m not so full of myself that I can’t admit that I’ve been there and done it too at some point. Let’s hear some of your own squat rack curl stories. I know you’ve got 'em.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Then I stood up and hurled a can of Diet Coke out of the garage and into the street. When the can hit a car driving by I looked up and noticed that these two smoking hot chicks who were running by had stopped to watch the spectacle of me deadlifting.

They looked scared, especially since I had apparently hurled the can right over their heads and it glanced off the car driving by behind them. I sheepishly waved and said “sorry…it’s, uh…the steroids. Heh, heh.” Then I rolled my eyes into the back of my head and kinda staggered back into the garage.

Fuck yeah it was douchey. Pretty douchey? Try heavily douchey…bro. I doubt you’re the model of proper decorum and etiquette at all times either though, especially if you have the luxury of working out in the privacy of your own garage.

Come on, let’s hear it: I’m sick of hearing motherfuckers talk shit about a bunch of newbies and dumbfucks who frequent the gym in this thread, as if they don’t ever do stupid shit or have done stupid shit.

I’ve shared some what-the-fuck moments on here that I’ve seen in gyms, but I’m not so full of myself that I can’t admit that I’ve been there and done it too at some point. Let’s hear some of your own squat rack curl stories. I know you’ve got 'em.[/quote]

Definetely respectable.
I’d rather say the dumb shit that I do in these threads than try to make fun of someone trying their best in the gym, minding their business and NOT taping strangers dance between sets or what have you.

As for me… I asked someone how to use a Smith Machine :slight_smile:

More of a WTF, but…

Was at the commercial gym we have a membership at(for my wife, and I use it so I don’t have to drive all the way to work on my days off), and saw that they had TRX straps set up on a wall, not being used.

Went to use them, and as I am about to start adjusting them, a short trainer comes up to me and starts talking, which was funny to me initially, since I had my earbuds in and couldn’t hear him. So to me, it was him mouthing words with a heavy metal soundtrack in my head, but I digress…

I pull an ear, and say, “I’m sorry, what?”
“You can’t use the TRX without a trainer present.”
I look at him dumbfounded for a second. “You were standing right there.”
He gives me a total ‘what a dumbass’ look, “No, you have to hire a trainer so they can show you how to use them properly.”

“I know how to use them, I use them at work all the time, I’ve even ordered large numbers from the owner of the company.”
“It’s a deal we have with the company, so people will use them right. You can’t use it.”

Whatever. Looks like I’m done for the day, Jonas brother.

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Then I stood up and hurled a can of Diet Coke out of the garage and into the street. When the can hit a car driving by I looked up and noticed that these two smoking hot chicks who were running by had stopped to watch the spectacle of me deadlifting.

They looked scared, especially since I had apparently hurled the can right over their heads and it glanced off the car driving by behind them. I sheepishly waved and said “sorry…it’s, uh…the steroids. Heh, heh.” Then I rolled my eyes into the back of my head and kinda staggered back into the garage.

I’ve shared some what-the-fuck moments on here that I’ve seen in gyms, but I’m not so full of myself that I can’t admit that I’ve been there and done it too at some point. Let’s hear some of your own squat rack curl stories. I know you’ve got 'em.[/quote]

Definetely respectable.
I’d rather say the dumb shit that I do in these threads than try to make fun of someone trying their best in the gym, minding their business and NOT taping strangers dance between sets or what have you.

As for me… I asked someone how to use a Smith Machine :)[/quote]

That’s the stupidest goddamned thing I’ve ever heard of. Lucky for you it wasn’t at my gym.

Just kidding. Not really. Well, maybe…

^^Yeah yeah, I know.

I wanted to do inverted rows and didn’t know how to lower the stupid thing. Ah well.

Here’s some of my douchery:

I’ve tried doing Farmer’s Walks on a threadmill, don’t ask about this.
I exploded my shorts doing squats
I did and epic escape from under the bar on a bench press by fliping the BB to one side and making it fall on the other bench.
I slapped a roach out of a gym mirror only to make it land on random a chick.

I tripped in my own dip chain and fell face first into an ab machine.
I took my shoes off to squat and mysteriously discovered my toe was sticking out of my sock.
I was attacked by roaches on the gym locker room.

I did curls in the squat hack. But I’m the only male who uses the squat hack to squat in my gym so I fell free to use it for whatever I want.
I broke the Smith Machine, still don’t know how.
I did heavy singles of deadlifts just to impress ladies.

I knocked down one dude.
I snapped a cable in the Pulldown machine and flew backwards.
I got naked in the locker room just to annoy people.
I left my loaded Deadlift bar on the floor on purpose, only to make the PTs deload it and struggle lifting the bar to take the weights off.

I did a backflip in the gym just to impress the receptionist.
I don’t have an epic physique but I frequently show off to fat or skinny kids who insist on passing by me and give me bad looks.
I snap on people at my gym frequently.

Nobody’s perfect, post more of your own douchery people!

[quote]DeltaOne wrote:

I did and epic escape from under the bar on a bench press by fliping the BB to one side and making it fall on the other bench.

I took my shoes off to squat and mysteriously discovered my toe was sticking out of my sock.

I did curls in the squat hack. But I’m the only male who uses the squat hack to squat in my gym so I fell free to use it for whatever I want.
I knocked down one dude.

I left my loaded Deadlift bar on the floor on purpose, only to make the PTs deload it and struggle lifting the bar to take the weights off.

I don’t have an epic physique but I frequently show off to fat or skinny kids who insist on passing by me and give me bad looks.

[/quote]

I hit my head on the assisted pull up machine, fell to the ground. So no worries about falling into the ab machine.

You’d get an opposite reaction from me if you got naked in my locker room :wink:

That’s just evil leaving the loaded DL bar on the floor though haha

I tried to attach a PVC pipe to a cable stack using a homemade loading attachment. The rope was too weak, the stack damn snapped the whole thing in two.

When I do power cleans, sometimes the bar slides too far towards my throat and my hands lose their grip. If this is without bumper plates, I am then forced to Zercher the bar to the floor.

As for douchebaggery I’ve seen: I once saw a guy put the bar in the squat rack at the highest rack position in order to pullups.

Well at least he’s doing pullups, right? Nope, he only does half pullups.

And after about 3 of them, he starts failing and can’t do anymore. At this point his lifting partner assists him.

Yes you read that right. I saw a dude doing partner assisted half pullups in a squat rack.

Today when I was deadlifting I pulled back so hard I fell over backwards and whacked my head on the wall and landed on my ass. Then I curled in the rack. I got a deadlift pr though so I still win.

Yesterday, during the same deadlift workout I described earlier, I shamed my roommate (who is one of these guys who weighs about 150 at a height of 5’10" and is far more concerned about the supplements he’s taking rather than the intensity of his workout, which consists mostly of curls, bench and the occasional set of shrugs) into deadlifting with me.

He never does deadlifts, can’t do a fucking bodyweight squat without rounding the shit out of his back about halfway down, and in general has little clue as to how to lift properly when it comes to virtually every lower-body exercise that doesn’t require a leg curl/extension machine.

So I berated him about his obsession with bullshit NOX products and his aversion to deadlifts and squats until he finally relented. I made him do them with a belt and without straps in order to lighten the load he could work with since his grip strength is comparable to a newborn baby’s.

He said he felt a twinge in his back on his second working set (we were working with about 60% of our 1 RM’s, which for him was about 135 lbs at this point) but I belittled him to the point of self-loathing and he pushed through the workout, much to his credit.

Today, he can barely walk properly and is in constant pain. He probably has a raging case of sciatica.

today at my high school gym i was talking to my freinds who were going to do decline dumbbell press. i looked around the room and noticed the t bar row, the seated cable row and the chin up bar were empty. i usually just go to an LA fitness, but it has lighting issues today?

anyway, i asked one of my freinds whose kinda strong (315 lbs bench press@220lbs and around 30% bf) why don’t people here work back. his reply, “my back is a muscle group?”.

i shit you not, he didn’t know about traps, lats etc.

i knew he does lat pullodowns and i asked him why he does them.

his reply, “for biceps”

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

[quote]DeltaOne wrote:

I knocked down one dude.

[/quote]

I hit my head on the assisted pull up machine, fell to the ground. So no worries about falling into the ab machine.

You’d get an opposite reaction from me if you got naked in my locker room :wink:

That’s just evil leaving the loaded DL bar on the floor though haha
[/quote]

But it’s cute when you cute ladies fall down, that’s why so many men rush in to help, even if we have to drop 1600 pounds or something like that do to so, at least that’s what a decent man should do. When a man falls down into something it’s just funny, and what kind of man can’t find his balance ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And oh, in that case you’d have to get naked in the locker room too becuase, you see… that way I would not get… uhh… cold.

[quote]boomerlu wrote:
As for douchebaggery I’ve seen: I once saw a guy put the bar in the squat rack at the highest rack position in order to pullups.

Well at least he’s doing pullups, right? Nope, he only does half pullups.

And after about 3 of them, he starts failing and can’t do anymore. At this point his lifting partner assists him.

Yes you read that right. I saw a dude doing partner assisted half pullups in a squat rack.

[/quote]

And what exactly is wrong with that? Unless you were training in a circuit and they removed the weights and moved the bar just to do that.

[quote]Fat Bastard. wrote:
And what exactly is wrong with that? Unless you were training in a circuit and they removed the weights and moved the bar just to do that.
[/quote]
I shake my head whenever I see anybody do a half pullup and pass it off or think in their heads that it is a real pullup. It’s just such laziness.

The fact that it’s done in a squat rack when we have SEVERAL real chinup bars makes it worse.

The fact that he’s using partner assist when we have a real chinup assist also makes it worse.

And finally, after I achieve a bodyweight feat, I find it weak when other males around my age (and who aren’t horribly overweight - these guys were about 120) can’t perform them. Call it arrogance, but after I did a pullup, I started seeing guys who couldn’t as weak. After I first did a one-arm pushup, the same thing happened.

Still, I would have given SOME respect if he had at least attempted a full range pullup.

[quote]boomerlu wrote:

[quote]Fat Bastard. wrote:
[/quote]
I shake my head whenever I see anybody do a half pullup and pass it off or think in their heads that it is a real pullup. It’s just such laziness.

The fact that it’s done in a squat rack when we have SEVERAL real chinup bars makes it worse.

The fact that he’s using partner assist when we have a real chinup assist also makes it worse.

And finally, after I achieve a bodyweight feat, I find it weak when other males around my age (and who aren’t horribly overweight - these guys were about 120) can’t perform them. Call it arrogance, but after I did a pullup, I started seeing guys who couldn’t as weak. After I first did a one-arm pushup, the same thing happened.

Still, I would have given SOME respect if he had at least attempted a full range pullup.[/quote]

How do you know that he thinks it’s a full range pull-up? Maybe he’s working his way up to doing a complete pull up. Personally, when I can’t perform full range pull ups anymore, doing halves (otherwise known as partial reps) still works the same muscles and produces results.

There’s also nothing wrong with using a partner assist instead of a machine, especially when doing negatives.

And I’m sure you don’t just walk into a gym and perform “bodyweight feats” the first time you try so quit passing judgment on others.

Arrogant assholes.

well I don’t train anymore as I broke my two legs but last week I was minding my own business in the gym when the gym weirdo came 1 inch to my face and told me (half laughing all the time):

him: Man I feel all dizzy I think I took too much creatine. Is two scoops too much creatine ? (wtf)
me: depends of the kind of scoop, did you take the one that came with the bottle ?
him: hahaha no I took a big scoop I feel really bad what do I do?
me: go to the doctor

Another day I say this guy shadowboxing for 1 hour and a half in the front of the dumbell rack and the mirror. A friend told me that one day he saw him enter the gym, seeing that there were no receptionnist at the front desk he looked anxiously all around him to see if someone was watching, backed off a little, started to run toward the fence ,JUMPED over it and ran all accross the gym to the locker room.