Squat Rack Curls On Purpose

[quote]TKL.ca wrote:
I’ve made the decision to continue curling in the squat rack. Thanks for your input everyone.

[/quote]

You’re still an asshole.

[quote]TKL.ca wrote:
I’ve made the decision to continue curling in the squat rack. Thanks for your input everyone.

[/quote]

I’m going to park in 2 parking places at your local grocery store the next time you have to go.

As long as no one needs the rack, who cares.

[quote]CombatMedic1981 wrote:
As long as no one needs the rack, who cares.[/quote]

Because you don’t know if someone needs it when you’ve already started, and just because the guy isn’t staring at it at the time you happen to look over your shoulder, doesn’t mean there isn’t someone waiting for you to get out of the squat rack.

It’s like using a bench to hold your sports drink.

“Well, nobody was using it at the time, so who cares if I’m taking up the bench to hold my drink. I pay membership fees too ya know.”

Maybe those who curl in the squat rack would understand it better this way:

Imagine someone using your Bosu ball as a chair in between each of their sets, and keeping that Bosu ball from rolling away by using yoga mats and pinik dumbbells on each side of it.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
CombatMedic1981 wrote:
As long as no one needs the rack, who cares.

Because you don’t know if someone needs it when you’ve already started, and just because the guy isn’t staring at it at the time you happen to look over your shoulder, doesn’t mean there isn’t someone waiting for you to get out of the squat rack.

It’s like using a bench to hold your sports drink.

“Well, nobody was using it at the time, so who cares if I’m taking up the bench to hold my drink. I pay membership fees too ya know.”

Maybe those who curl in the squat rack would understand it better this way:

Imagine someone using your Bosu ball as a chair in between each of their sets, and keeping that Bosu ball from rolling away by using yoga mats and pinik dumbbells on each side of it. [/quote]

I didn’t realize that the gym was full of children who can’t ask a person to change their location if applicable so said peice of equipment could be use “properly”. Plus if you are using a barbell its kind a hard to move around the gym and find a conveniant place to do 21’s , curls etc with said equipment. No one has ever asked me to move and I’m VERY aware of my surroundings.

[quote]CombatMedic1981 wrote:
I didn’t realize that the gym was full of children who can’t ask a person to change their location if applicable so said peice of equipment could be use “properly”. Plus if you are using a barbell its kind a hard to move around the gym and find a conveniant place to do 21’s , curls etc with said equipment. No one has ever asked me to move and I’m VERY aware of my surroundings.
[/quote]

You obviously don’t realize a lot of things, like that you don’t need a long onlympic bar to curl with unless you’re doing it with one hand and using it’s length to work on balancing it with your wrist.

Most gyms have smaller straight bars that also hold more weight than anyone can curl with if they don’t want to use an EZ curl bar.

People are missing the point. The point is that someone is taking up a piece of equipment where certain exercises can only be performed safely, just to do something that can be done anywhere.

Same goes for if someone is sitting on the last treadmill in the gym just to do seated curls. For some reason, most would see why that is rude, but not when someone uses a squat rack or power rack for curls. Hmmmmm…

How many different examples do I have to post before some people actually get it?

this “squat rack curling” bullshit is the biggest pile of potty-pants whining ever. racks can be used for a whole bunch of shit. tonight i breached the holy rack by wheeling a bench in there for lockouts. i also use it for military presses from my nose. i also do my chins from the fat chin bar that’s welded to the top of the frame. if someone is waiting for the rack to do squats oh well, that’s the way it goes. first come first served.

[quote]swivel wrote:
this “squat rack curling” bullshit is the biggest pile of potty-pants whining ever. racks can be used for a whole bunch of shit. tonight i breached the holy rack by wheeling a bench in there for lockouts. i also use it for military presses from my nose. i also do my chins from the fat chin bar that’s welded to the top of the frame. if someone is waiting for the rack to do squats oh well, that’s the way it goes. first come first served.[/quote]

So you don’t mind if someone’s doing crunches on the floor in the power rack when you’re getting ready to do lockouts?

Yea, I know. Just ask the person to move, but that’s not the point. It’s something that should be obvious, and is rude, and it bugs people enough to post about it online.

Nobody’s saying it’s not legal, or it should be banned (well, I’m not saying that anyway). It’s just something that is annoying, and inconsiderate.

Same thing with people venting about drivers who drive under the speed limit in the “fast lane”, or someone complaining about people going to the grocery store in the 15-items-or-less isle with well over 30 items.

I think everyone understands the many different uses for a power rack, but curling, or doing crunches on the floor in them is inconsiderate and rude.

Whaa.

Crying about other people complaining about curls in the squat rack is going to become the next cool thing to whine about.

Did a PR max curl last night, so naturally I had to use the power rack. There was also a lineup of people at the rack waiting for me to finish the curls. I’m starting to think now that the curl should be an addition to power lifting under the name reverse-grip power hang cleans.

[quote]TKL.ca wrote:
Did a PR max curl last night, so naturally I had to use the power rack. There was also a lineup of people at the rack waiting for me to finish the curls. I’m starting to think now that the curl should be an addition to power lifting under the name reverse-grip power hang cleans. [/quote]

Dude.

You’re a dick.

[quote]AlphaDragon wrote:
TKL.ca wrote:
Did a PR max curl last night, so naturally I had to use the power rack. There was also a lineup of people at the rack waiting for me to finish the curls. I’m starting to think now that the curl should be an addition to power lifting under the name reverse-grip power hang cleans.

Dude.

You’re a dick.

[/quote]

Nah he’s a troll.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
AlphaDragon wrote:
TKL.ca wrote:

Dude.

You’re a dick.

Nah he’s a troll.[/quote]

Yup, and we’re feeding him.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
swivel wrote:
…tonight i breached the holy rack by wheeling a bench in there for lockouts. i also use it for military presses from my nose. i also do my chins from the fat chin bar that’s welded to the top of the frame.

Those are legitimate and worthy uses of the rack so temper your ambition to be a smart ass on this issue.
[/quote]

You beat me to it. Where else can you do lockouts? Or modified ranges for certain lifts?

Everyone knows what the squat rack and/or the power racks were made for, and what is a legitimate lift. It’s simply a matter of common courtesy. Obviously not everyone here has heard of that.

[quote]TKL.ca wrote:
Did a PR max curl last night, so naturally I had to use the power rack. There was also a lineup of people at the rack waiting for me to finish the curls. I’m starting to think now that the curl should be an addition to power lifting under the name reverse-grip power hang cleans. [/quote]

You obviously get off on just being an ass. I am sure you spend your whole life doing things just for the point of being an ass. I am glad you are not wasting space at my gym.

At 5’5" you could would have to use the benchpress as a squat rack, so no, you would be just as inconsiderate as me, using the benchpress for squats. :frowning:

[quote]TKL.ca wrote:
At 5’5" you could would have to use the benchpress as a squat rack, so no, you would be just as inconsiderate as me, using the benchpress for squats. :frowning:

[/quote]

Nice try. I use the squat rack. Hopefully you have a better comeback next time.