Squat Rack Curls 3.0

[quote]artw wrote:
I was at the gym on Christmas Eve and some emo fag came in with his ass-pirate buddy. They headed straight for the squat rack and this dumbfuck puts 25s on each end, unracks the weight and then realizes the pins are too high for him.

So rather than re-rack the bar, strip the weight and then readjust the pins, he tries to keep the bar on his back with one arm while he moves the pin with the other. He didn’t have any collars on the bar and ended up tilting the bar so far one of the plates slid off and landed on this hot chick’s foot who was deadlifting without shoes. She fucking flipped out, probably broke her foot, and started crying.

This emo fucker just looks at her, says sorry then just stands there while his buddy puts the weight back on the bar for him so he doesn’t have to re-rack it. Then he does a squat (a legit deep squat to give him some credit) and comes up pretty fast and BAM! hits the pins, staggers backward and falls down, dropping the weight off his back, all while this poor chhick next to him is going ballistic. I have now seen it all.[/quote]

Laughed my ass off at ass-pirate buddy…

There are occasionally gangs of 3 or 4 guys about 14 or 15 years old that come into my gym with the sole purpose of messing with the equipment, waiting till the weights area is as empty as possible, doing half rep bench presses with 95, quarter rep leg presses with 105 and taking some of the lighter dumbbells to the other side of the gym so they don’t have to feel intimidated by people who can actually lift weights.

They also seem intent on talking and laughing as loud as possible(loud enough to catch my attention through my headphones and the gym music anyway).
I deadlift in my barefeet and if on of these cock-jockeys dropped a plate or dumbbell on my foot I’d make sure it was long, long time before they ventured near the weights area again.

[quote]Xab wrote:

[quote]Bambi wrote:
Guy got a lot of benches in the dumbell section and started to do sprint hurdles over them. Then he tripped over one and totalled himself. He said he was OK but he got out quick[/quote]

I think this one is my favorite. [/quote]

Without any doubt my fav also

im so glad this thread is back! i bet we’ll be writing a lot here after the “resolutioners” start to show up for their 2-3 month life span…

• BOOKMARKED!

[quote]Nards wrote:
I have to bring my camera for the guy today that put 360 on the bar, and then did some weird 1/8th of a squat thing wher he kind of let his knees just begin to bend, and quickly relocking his knees quite rapidly. I was waiting for vertebrae to come shooting out. He did about 4 or 5 sets of this, writing it down in his log book…what I wondered is…what does he even write that shit down as???
[/quote]

Overhead Press

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
The “Y” where I go sometimes is considering implementing a “must have spotter” policy for db’s. The db’s range from 5 lb to 120 lb.

Apparently some kid was flat pressing the db’s, couldn’t handle the weight, and dropped one on his face.

Oh, yeah — HE WAS USING THE 35’s…[/quote]

so he was a seasoned pro BB

[quote]njrusmc wrote:
Ah yes, the SRC thread revisited. The motivation for my avatar.

Not really sure I have a tremendously funny story about SRCs, but it seems to happen every Monday when I try to use the full rack or platform. Worse yet, the platform extends back for deadlifting (which is great), but apparently that is also used for curls. Nothing like a tag-team duo to monopolize the best equipment in the gym. [/quote]

USMC

I remember you saying a while back that you were on your way to TBS, if you’ve been in the weightroom over at Ramer hall then you’ve gotta have some stories…motivators in green on green or boots and utes working out in groups of 3 or 4 always seem to come up with some kind of awesome shit.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
The “Y” where I go sometimes is considering implementing a “must have spotter” policy for db’s. The db’s range from 5 lb to 120 lb.

Apparently some kid was flat pressing the db’s, couldn’t handle the weight, and dropped one on his face.

Anyone else wondering if they could take a 35 lber to the face and be fine when they read this?

[quote]Higgins wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

Anyone else wondering if they could take a 35 lber to the face and be fine when they read this?[/quote]

Yeah I was wondering - whats it like to type after taking a 35 lber to the face? (harhar)

I don’t have much to complain about, fortunately. People have started squatting and deadlifting at my gym. I’m not sure why, but I’m not going to mess with it.

Well, not that i’m huge (about 220lbs), but since i’m having this terrible shoulder pain for over 5 months I need to watch out what i’m doing.

My incline bench is painful so I take a light weight (about 132lbs) and perform very slow reps (6 down, 4 up).

And always there are some emo kids checking out how much weight there is on my bar. Must be some ego thing.

[quote]samdan wrote:
The original SRC thread got too big and locked. The second died because people kept creating random one-off threads for their gym tomfoolery.
[/quote]

[quote]tjamesdavis wrote:
i did squat rack curls today. nobody was in the gym so i didnt feel too bad.[/quote]

these threads also die when the SRCers militantly defend their actions and piss the rest of us off.

i drop weight all the time. BUT i never drop 35lb dumbbells, because thats just to light to drop. and i never drop it on my face.

there’s a guy at my gym who stacks up those plastic steps and jumps onto them, last time he didnt jump high enough and just tumbled into them. he layed there in a pile of plastic steps that the squash players helped him gather up.

Last year I got a squat rack, bench, dbs, oly bar, etc etc and set it all up in my garage. There was a weekend recently where I thought all of my roommates were out of town for a few days, so I figured I’d do a leg workout, but I didn’t feel like wearing any clothes.

So here I was in the privacy of my own garage doing heavy front squats completely naked when my roommate walks in and sees me with my fucking cock and balls swinging around while I’m fucking screaming trying to finish a heavy triple. When I saw him standing there I start yelling at him “don’t just fucking stand there! Give me a spot!” He turned around, walked away and has never lifted with me since.

[quote]artw wrote:
Last year I got a squat rack, bench, dbs, oly bar, etc etc and set it all up in my garage. There was a weekend recently where I thought all of my roommates were out of town for a few days, so I figured I’d do a leg workout, but I didn’t feel like wearing any clothes.

So here I was in the privacy of my own garage doing heavy front squats completely naked when my roommate walks in and sees me with my fucking cock and balls swinging around while I’m fucking screaming trying to finish a heavy triple. When I saw him standing there I start yelling at him “don’t just fucking stand there! Give me a spot!” He turned around, walked away and has never lifted with me since.[/quote]

Maybe he thought you wanted him to give you a reach around

[quote]artw wrote:

So here I was in the privacy of my own garage doing heavy front squats completely naked when my roommate walks in and sees me with my fucking cock and balls swinging around while I’m fucking screaming trying to finish a heavy triple. When I saw him standing there I start yelling at him “don’t just fucking stand there! Give me a spot!” He turned around, walked away and has never lifted with me since.[/quote]

This absolutely made my day.

Wierd guy at the gym, 5’7, 165, early 40’s. He always wore workboots, skinny tank top, and cutoff jean shorts that were cut off about an inch below ball level, thus we called him “Daisy.” He was squating with a couple younger guys one morning and had 275lbs on the bar. As he unracks it, he notices that there is a 25lb plate on the floor behind him so he yells, “grab the quarter!”

One of the younger guys proceed to walk over and quickly take a 25 off the bar, as Daisy has the bar on his back and unracked. Daisy starts yelling “put the quarter back on, put the quarter back on!” as he struggles to keep the light side from catapulting over his head. By this time the entire gym is hearing the yelling and commotion.

Daisy is staggering back and forth as his little buddy struggles to quickly and carefully slide the 25 back on the bar. Thank you Daisy for the daily amusement your provided, wherever you may be.

Seen one guy put his feet up on the tower that was holding the lat pull down so his back was parallel with with floor. All while wearing a weight belt. I sat in my chair just shaking my head at him…

I so would workout naked at my home gym. But hopefully a mom and her kid doesn’t walk on my property to press charges on me for being naked in my own house and lifting…She’ll get a good look at my good eye when doing straight legged deads.

ill add mine as they come:

last week i was working my chest, doing DB benchpress, working up to the 110lb dumbbells. there is this guy (about 35 or 40, 140lbs, 5’5" or so) who has befriended the “college kids” (all over 6’ tall) that have recently started going to the gym. these guys are all in their early 20s, benching over 315, front squatting 315 with ease…you know, they all have some prior experience…
he has tried to keep up with them (they loaded up the barbell with 255 and “spotted” him while he didnt complete 1 rep on his own) and thinks he is one of the important guys at the gym now.

so to continue, he was doing bicep curls with the 15lb-ers while was doing my chest. after he got done with his grueling curls, he threw the DBs on the floor (not “dropped” them… THREW them down!) with out even paying attention and one came dangerously close to my foot (i wear FiveFingers while i train). i gave him a look and he walked off in the other direction…

another one is there is an overweight 50s guy new to the gym (maybe, have never seen him there before) ran right to the squat rack. i thought “good for him! hes going to squat.” he set up the pins at the top so he could get a good liftoff, then put the weight on the sides… 5lbs on the left side…5lbs on the right…and then he started to do his squats. i thought i would go over there and tell him that he could do BW squats since i was needing to do some rack pulls (grip/back day), but ive decided its better to wait to be asked for advice instead of offering it. so anyways, after he was finished with his squats, he lowered the safety pins and put 1 45 plate on each side to do deadlifts. his form was terrible, rounding his back and hardly bending his legs at all. maybe he was trying to to do stiff leg deads, i dont know. but after his sets, he sat down grabbing his lower back (feeling “the burn” i guess) looking satisfied that he had done his workout for the day…

then he went and sat on the recumbant bike and watched ESPN…he didnt pedal or use it or anything…just sat there in a relaxed position…

MORE TO COME!

[quote]Higgins wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

Anyone else wondering if they could take a 35 lber to the face and be fine when they read this?[/quote]

I don’t know him, but one of the employees told me he looks like someone beat the shit out of him.

[quote]BARDUKE wrote:
ill add mine as they come:

last week i was working my chest, doing DB benchpress, working up to the 110lb dumbbells. there is this guy (about 35 or 40, 140lbs, 5’5" or so) who has befriended the “college kids” (all over 6’ tall) that have recently started going to the gym. these guys are all in their early 20s, benching over 315, front squatting 315 with ease…you know, they all have some prior experience…
he has tried to keep up with them (they loaded up the barbell with 255 and “spotted” him while he didnt complete 1 rep on his own) and thinks he is one of the important guys at the gym now.

so to continue, he was doing bicep curls with the 15lb-ers while was doing my chest. after he got done with his grueling curls, he threw the DBs on the floor (not “dropped” them… THREW them down!) with out even paying attention and one came dangerously close to my foot (i wear FiveFingers while i train). i gave him a look and he walked off in the other direction…

another one is there is an overweight 50s guy new to the gym (maybe, have never seen him there before) ran right to the squat rack. i thought “good for him! hes going to squat.” he set up the pins at the top so he could get a good liftoff, then put the weight on the sides… 5lbs on the left side…5lbs on the right…and then he started to do his squats. i thought i would go over there and tell him that he could do BW squats since i was needing to do some rack pulls (grip/back day), but ive decided its better to wait to be asked for advice instead of offering it. so anyways, after he was finished with his squats, he lowered the safety pins and put 1 45 plate on each side to do deadlifts. his form was terrible, rounding his back and hardly bending his legs at all. maybe he was trying to to do stiff leg deads, i dont know. but after his sets, he sat down grabbing his lower back (feeling “the burn” i guess) looking satisfied that he had done his workout for the day…

then he went and sat on the recumbant bike and watched ESPN…he didnt pedal or use it or anything…just sat there in a relaxed position…

MORE TO COME![/quote]

Story 1- Guy lifted too heavy, is insecure.
Story 2- Bro dropped a 15 pound dumbell, you almost died.
Story 3- Fat man doesn’t ride bike.

Why do some people feel the need to include useless info like, I bench 110 dumbells BRAH! This dude at my gym is WEAK!

Tell your story if you think it’s funny. Brag elsewhere.

rofl today this guy who was probably 18 or 19 walked into the gym with his wallmart shakerbottle LOADED with what looked like no-xplode or superpump. starts shaking it up vigorously with what almost looked like a cry for attention. no less than 10 seconds later the cap EXPLODES off and he sprays a guy in the back of the head doing lat pull downs. oh i almost cried laughing