Squat Rack Curls 2011

Every year for the past 5 years I have seen the same guy on the recombinant bike…he only shows up to ride the bike the first work day of the New Year…I work out at my office gym and I see the guy in the hall every now and then…I’ve always wanted to ask him wtf? I haven’t hit the gym yet today as I’m hoping to get there after the new year’s crowd has left, but I don’t want to miss this dude.

Saw a swiss-ball DB-press fail on New Years Day.

Guy kicks up 50lb dumbells, lays back, the ball rolls right out from under him. He seriously hurt his elbows.

I still laughed.

lol

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
LOTS of curling in the cage. No one strips their bars.

There’s a little 15 year old kid, Saturday he was doing behind-the-neck overhead presses, Sunday he was doing them in front. He shrugs 95 in the cage. He was jacking around and talking to a regular, and did absolutely nothing for about 30 minutes. I went to go use the lat pulldown that the regular had been using, and the kid said to me “I think he’s still using that.” I said, “No, he’s taking a break.” I think I scared him.[/quote]

I thought you trained at home. Did you have family over for the holidays or something? Tell your nephew to quit fucking around.

I gave a guy a spot on the bench today…I then said

“its all you BRO!”

Fucking facepalm, I was a brotard. it happens.

I think the guy with the full length nike compression leggings, where his knees were the thickest part of his leg, nike “weight lifting” boots, a shirt from supre (a clothing store chain in AUS with a target of 12-16yr girls) pumping 5 rep sets with 5kg dumbells takes the cake, or maybe his friend with the skinny jeans and eye-liner

[quote]kineticj wrote:
Today there was this guy at the gym with a barbell in his lap, his feet on the floor and his shoulders on a bench. He looked pretty goofy humping that bar into the air. Yep, it was me.[/quote]

This was me today. It is fun to compare the looks the guys give you to the ones you get from the girls. Especially when using 325 for reps with a good high arch

/yeah hon, I’d knock your hips up around your ears…cowgirl up!

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

There’s a little 15 year old kid, Saturday he was doing behind-the-neck overhead presses, Sunday he was doing them in front. He shrugs 95 in the cage. He was jacking around and talking to a regular, and did absolutely nothing for about 30 minutes. I went to go use the lat pulldown that the regular had been using, and the kid said to me “I think he’s still using that.” I said, “No, he’s taking a break.” I think I scared him.[/quote]

I thought you trained at home. Did you have family over for the holidays or something? Tell your nephew to quit fucking around.[/quote]

I train everywhere, depending on time and mood. I like going to the gym because it’s out of the house, even though I have to deal with creative lifters.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

I thought you trained at home. Did you have family over for the holidays or something? Tell your nephew to quit fucking around.[/quote]

I train everywhere, depending on time and mood. I like going to the gym because it’s out of the house, even though I have to deal with creative lifters.[/quote]

I know. I was just bugging. We went to a commercial gym recently and I realised I’ve become a real princess as far as bars go.

I like going to the gym because it’s out of the house, even though I have to deal with creative lifters.[/quote]

“creative lifters” hahahah that’s my new favorite term for SRCs

Today: skinny/fat kid (you know what I’m talking about) doing front raises with dumbbells, but he did them in a wave-like fashion; bring one db up, then as the other db gets toward the top put the other down. and he was using his hips like he was trying to use a hola hoop or something. It was…interesting

I like going to the gym because it’s out of the house, even though I have to deal with creative lifters.[/quote]

“creative lifters” hahahah that’s my new favorite term for SRCs

Today: skinny/fat kid (you know what I’m talking about) doing front raises with dumbbells, but he did them in a wave-like fashion; bring one db up, then as the other db gets toward the top put the other down. and he was using his hips like he was trying to use a hola hoop or something. It was…interesting

Did Leg Press to finish off today. Went to near failure and obviously got red grinding the weight up (weight of the plates not important). Two kids roughly 15/16 maybe 180 pounds between them soaking wet were trying to chat up some girls and pointing at me and laughing (didn’t know this until a friend told me after). As I was unracking the plates one of them came over and said ‘leave it on’. I retired to a safe spot and watched my afternoon’s entertainment. He unracked it did 1/16 reps until he realised he hadn’t taken off the safeties. Went lower than 1/16 and the weight slammed down and pinned him.

Last night, I witnessed a man in the decline bench, with a pair of light dumbells, shadowboxing.

a pair of new years newbies, one skinny one fat. wandered around the gym doing one or two reps on every piece of equipment. my favourite moment was when they clipped the weights on to the smith machine

Yesterday two big ugly guys were doing box squats with the SSb well it ended when they got stuck under the weight and set it down on the properly positioned safety catches.

Which was fine until the started unloading the bar and one monkey failed to notice that he was about tto take the last plate off his side and leave three plates on the far side. . . yeah big bag.

I was that monkey. sigh.

Dude told me I couldn’t shrug with more than X amount of weight on the bar.
I asked why and he told me “because you ain’t suppose to, don’t argue with me, yadayadayada”, this dialogue started to get kind of aggressive so I ignored him because I usually avoid confrotations with smaller people.
Then one of his friends later told was because he couldn’t shrug half of what was in the bar, and that he actually put on that show with everyone that lifted more weight than him, meaning, everyone.

I curled in the squat rack yesterday. I used poor form, I stood inside of it between sets and I insisted on blasting The Violent Femmes and The Pretenders through the stereo system. I also repeatedly farted with total disregard for anyone else around me.

But then again, I was lifting in my own fucking garage so FUCK ALL YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!!! RAPEAXE!!!FOR THE MOTHERFUCKING WIN!!! SHOW YOURSELF COUNT ROCKULA!!! YOU FUCKING ENIGMA!!!

Had a guy with his DVD player out, rolling on the ground in the middle of the gym. I have no clue what he thought he was doing.

[quote]dday wrote:
My workout partner insists on benching with his feet on the bench. He also wants to always talk about the good old days when he could power clean 285lbs or was it 185lbs? Depends on the day he’s talking about it. Other than that he’s an ok partner.[/quote]

I often wondered. Why put your feet on the bench or hold them in the air as if to work your abs at the same time. I see this all the time.

That’s a good question…I googled it wondering the same thing…everything I found on the first couple pages says specifically NOT to do that…where people got the idea to do it…I have no idea.

[quote]benos4752 wrote:
That’s a good question…I googled it wondering the same thing…everything I found on the first couple pages says specifically NOT to do that…where people got the idea to do it…I have no idea.[/quote]

Men’s health.