Squat Rack Curls 2011

Anybody got a good story yet?

Went to the gym earlier and thereā€™s this fuckin blue dude dead lifting 10 plates. I had no idea smurfs could lift, so it totally took me by surprise.

Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll see plenty at the university gym on Tuesday.

[quote]9500 RPM wrote:
Went to the gym earlier and thereā€™s this fuckin blue dude dead lifting 10 plates. I had no idea smurfs could lift, so it totally took me by surprise.[/quote]

I saw some 10ā€™er who counted the plates on both sides.

[quote]9500 RPM wrote:
Went to the gym earlier and thereā€™s this fuckin blue dude dead lifting 10 plates. I had no idea smurfs could lift, so it totally took me by surprise.[/quote]

[quote]kakno wrote:

[quote]9500 RPM wrote:

I saw some 10ā€™er who counted the plates on both sides.[/quote]

I saw some 08ā€™er who thinks registration date counts for shit.

I saw a guy play air drums walking over to the water fountain

Oh wait.
That was me.

Today there was this guy at the gym with a barbell in his lap, his feet on the floor and his shoulders on a bench. He looked pretty goofy humping that bar into the air. Yep, it was me.

[quote]9500 RPM wrote:

[quote]kakno wrote:

[quote]9500 RPM wrote:

I saw some 10ā€™er who counted the plates on both sides.[/quote]

I saw some 08ā€™er who thinks registration date counts for shit.[/quote]

I saw some '010ā€™er WHO SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU STUPID PIECE OF COCK SHIT! ITā€™S A FUCKING INTERNET FORUM SO STOP BEING AN INTERNET TOUGH GUY AND EITHER BUY A PLANE TICKET TO FUCK HIM UP IN PERSON OR SHUT THE FUCK UP AND NEVER SAY ANYTHING EVER AGAIN! YOUR DICK IS TINY AND YOU ARENā€™T SOME BAD ASS BECAUSE NOBODY CAN HURT YOU BEHIND YOUR SCREEN!

So the new yearsā€™ers got a little bit of an earlier start than usual, or so it seems. Nobody doing stupid things yet, but itā€™s the weekend and so far the cardio bunnies have been out in FORCEā€¦ After I get back from my jury duty summons weā€™ll see how the gym looksā€¦ Not looking forward to it.

Wrist curls in the squat rack.

Sometimes I look around my gym for any people wearing T-Nation shirts, and if I fail to spot any, I do light weight tricep kickbacks for reps in the middle of the rack.

I think I have the winner so far, for the new year.

Skinny kid walked up to me and asked, ā€œAre you one of those crossfit guys?ā€

I shit you not. =(

Should have responded with ā€˜do I look gay to you?ā€™.

Two guys at my gym, straight leg deadlifts with an empty 10kg barā€¦ whilst STANDING ON the only flat bench station in the place.

LOTS of curling in the cage. No one strips their bars.

Thereā€™s a little 15 year old kid, Saturday he was doing behind-the-neck overhead presses, Sunday he was doing them in front. He shrugs 95 in the cage. He was jacking around and talking to a regular, and did absolutely nothing for about 30 minutes. I went to go use the lat pulldown that the regular had been using, and the kid said to me ā€œI think heā€™s still using that.ā€ I said, ā€œNo, heā€™s taking a break.ā€ I think I scared him.

Saw some kid doing some kind of a squat/shrug variation with a trap bar w/out any plates on it.
The funny part was watching him trying to get it out from under the pile of bars and plates.

[quote]ReignIB wrote:
Saw some kid doing some kind of a squat/shrug variation with a trap bar w/out any plates on it.
[/quote]

TFā€¦?
Explain pleaseā€¦

My workout partner insists on benching with his feet on the bench. He also wants to always talk about the good old days when he could power clean 285lbs or was it 185lbs? Depends on the day heā€™s talking about it. Other than that heā€™s an ok partner.

Fat nerds galore this morning! Every variation of DB bench with bro spotting, but it was nerd spotting. I thought I was back at my first week of engineering school.

25lb dumbbell snatchesā€¦me