Squat Pressure

I have maxed out on squat probably 3 times in the last 18 weeks since I have to do it for a grade at school. Every time my max has went up so that is good But, every time I max when I get deep down and then try to reverse out of the hole I guess my blood pressure shoots sky high or something and I get a little dizzy.

But, the one thing that gets me the most is that on my bottom eye lids the blood vessels pop or something and it looks like something hit me just causing a small but very noticable red bruise looking thing. Does any one know what causes this and how or even if you can remedy it.

Very often during max lifts people pop blood vessels. Personally, whenever i get very heavy and strain, my nose bleeds, but that is because of something with me. When i do heavy bench in a shirt, my whole forehead looks like a red and brown star chart because of the damage, but it is normal and goes away.

One thing that may help is when you breathe before the lift, make sure all the air isnt in your mouth and throat. Fill up your chest.

I always thought that what you’re describing is pretty common.

My head feels like its going to explode on heavy squats, especially in mutiple layers of polyester. And I’ve gotten the little burst blood vessels around my eyes on multiple occasions as well.

As long as nothing seems to be seriously wrong, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. And be thankful you havent burst ones in your eye. That looks pretty freaky.

lol yeah I could imagine that it would look pretty freakish. But thank you I wasnt all that worried exactly as it doesnt have any pain just looks weird and was wondering if there was a way to prevent it but since its harmless I wont much worry about it.

lol yeah I could imagine that it would look pretty freakish. But thank you I wasnt all that worried exactly as it doesnt have any pain just looks weird and was wondering if there was a way to prevent it but since its harmless I wont much worry about it.

after a max pull or squat i look like a freak. i’ve blown blood vessels in my eyes, i’ve actually ruptured my ear drums lifting. i have holes in both of my tipanums(sp)-it’s the little membrane that in your inner ear. i can now blow bubbles out my ears when i’m under water. Many times when i get home my entire chest, neck, shoulders and upper back are covered in little red dots where the blood has come to the skin.

the best was one time when i was pull’n and this middle aged house wife walked right in front of me and my nose went and i spurt blood all over her leg. i thought it was funny as hell.

Lol maraudermeat that is hilarious I would have loved to have seen it. So since it happens to you quite often I am quessing the problem is not all that bad so I shouldnt much worry about it right.

And one more question that goes along with the squat and squat pressure is as soon as I unrack a max(or close too) and take a step back I get very light headed for about half a second any way to remedy this or does it just come with the territory also.

[quote]im_the_truth_ wrote:
Lol maraudermeat that is hilarious I would have loved to have seen it. So since it happens to you quite often I am quessing the problem is not all that bad so I shouldnt much worry about it right.

And one more question that goes along with the squat and squat pressure is as soon as I unrack a max(or close too) and take a step back I get very light headed for about half a second any way to remedy this or does it just come with the territory also.[/quote]

if you have a high bar placement i could see how that could happen.

maybe play around with bar placement and be sure to be taking the air into your belly before you step back, exhale and then take another one before you squat.

In reality, it may just be something you just have to deal with.

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:

Many times when i get home my entire chest, neck, shoulders and upper back are covered in little red dots where the blood has come to the skin.[/quote]

they are called hemo-angiomas…

they can go away or stay permanent…

if you know a dermatologist with a laser he can zap them for free in a minute if you get a bunch on your forehead or start looking like a freak show…