Squat Low Bar Position

Does this look correct or should it be lower?

I’d say it is ok but please watch out if you eventually bring it lower into your lats.

I’ve strained my left platysma a while ago (yes) from having the bar too low on my back, putting excessive pressure on my neck muscles.
Trial and error.

Yea I think the bar should be Lower myself but that’s why I ask I’m not sure

Squat looks good to me. Why do you think it needs to be lower?

okay im just not sure if the position of the bar is correct…im trying to do a low bar powerlifting squat

[quote]hailmary5150 wrote:
okay im just not sure if the position of the bar is correct…im trying to do a low bar powerlifting squat [/quote]

Does it feel “right”? Are you achieving your goals and remaining injury free? Seems like you’re majoring in the minors, bud. The bar position looks fine.

One of the advantages of the lower position is that the bar contacts more of the body. When the bar reaches a point that contact is made across the upper back and rear delts you are usually in pretty good position.

I’d agree with most of what everyone else said. But, to gauge where the bar should be on your back, you’ll have to get a profile picture, or better yet, video. Bar should be over mid-foot the entire time for ideal leverage. What that means for you will be unique, and it’s difficult to gauge from this angle whether the bar is over your mid-foot.

A video that I found helpful:

I’d put it way lower personally, but everyone’s different.

post a video in the powerlifting section