Squat in Bathroom?

Is this really better than traditional toilets as far as colon health is concerned?

http://www.relfe.com/toilet_seat_constipation.html

im not sure but i do know that in parts of asia/india they use squatting toilets, not sitting toilets

i’d imagine you would shit on alot of your clothes trying to do that. sitting ftw

Having spent some time in Southeast Asia I can say that squatting although it takes some getting used to and certain precautions to make sure you don’t shit in your back pocket(do the math) actually works/feels better.

I can see how trying this after a heavy squat day would have dire consequences or at least require a hand rail or rope to get back up.

Is there only one drawn picture of a guy squatting to shit? I’ve seen him appear repeatedly in those types of articles.

Years ago I went camping in France and they had those sqatting type toilets. It really wasn’t a big deal. In fact I have squatted to pee in the woods many times and it really isn’t that difficult. It seems like shitting would be easier since you’re less likely to get a random spray near your feet.

I can’t say whether it would be better for your colon. I try not to think about mine.

Why is there a construction grade staple wrapped around that guys rectum?

No wonder he has bowel problems.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
It seems like shitting would be easier since you’re less likely to get a random spray near your feet.
[/quote]

Well not necessarily…

Everyone has had the green apple splatters, how would you not fire bomb poo spray everywhere? You’d need a shower not toilet paper.

[quote]AssOnGrass wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:
It seems like shitting would be easier since you’re less likely to get a random spray near your feet.

Well not necessarily…[/quote]

Okay, I see your point. I don’t think it would be an issue for me. I can’t speak for anyone else after a dodgy biryani.

[quote]dday wrote:
Everyone has had the green apple splatters, how would you not fire bomb poo spray everywhere? You’d need a shower not toilet paper.[/quote]

Good point. And little kids would surely make a mess of the restrooms.

I started squatting a few months ago. I just use two buckets on either side of the toilet, you can use blocks or anything that’s about even with the rim (seat raised). It’s without a doubt the best way to shit- the waste comes out the way it is meant to and you empty all of it. Also, no straining.

[quote]Hog Ear wrote:
I started squatting a few months ago. I just use two buckets on either side of the toilet, you can use blocks or anything that’s about even with the rim (seat raised). It’s without a doubt the best way to shit- the waste comes out the way it is meant to and you empty all of it. Also, no straining. [/quote]

i have to wonder if you’re serious? and if this is really your bathroom. sure, why not.

Think of how babies shit… they squat by instinct… they actually say that sitting to shit increases the risk of colon, as well as prostate cancer…

[quote]PlayoffsOrBust wrote:
Hog Ear wrote:
I started squatting a few months ago. I just use two buckets on either side of the toilet, you can use blocks or anything that’s about even with the rim (seat raised). It’s without a doubt the best way to shit- the waste comes out the way it is meant to and you empty all of it. Also, no straining.

i have to wonder if you’re serious? and if this is really your bathroom. sure, why not.[/quote]

Why would I misrepresent my john? It’s becoming common knowledge that we’re doing our bodies a grave disservice with all the time we spend sitting- show me any primate who spends a lot of time in this position. Read EC’s articles about what dysfunctions sitting can cause. Read the third world squat article. Shitting in the full squat is natural, when you sit your internal organs feel crimped.

[quote]Hog Ear wrote:
I started squatting a few months ago. I just use two buckets on either side of the toilet, you can use blocks or anything that’s about even with the rim (seat raised). It’s without a doubt the best way to shit- the waste comes out the way it is meant to and you empty all of it. Also, no straining. [/quote]

looks cool…im gonna grab a couple of paint buckets from work and give it a whirl…does water splatter when you squat?

heres the original product

This thread is hysterical. I started laughing when I saw the buckets in the bathroom. I think I am going try squat shitting next.
As for the previous post, if you are worried about splash, just put a layer of toilet paper in the shitter before you shit and you won’t get any splashback.

Fuck colon health. Sometimes I like to sit on the throne and ponder life’s great questions, and I just don’t see myself doing that in comfort while precariously perched on buckets.

Man I went backpacking in Europe over the winter and had to use a squatty potty in Italy. It was gross cause there was no water it was just like a porcelin bowl with a hole in it. and squatting wile wearing a 40lb backpack and trying to shit sucks.

I thought this was gonna be about using your toilet as a rack or something…
I am disappointed.