Squat Frequency

I’m curious, is there a particular reason you are experimenting with decreased frequency? What is the volume like for those 2 sessions compared to your previous 3 weekly sessions?

the volume is probably marginally lower. I have used the Texas Method for years, which is not really a super high volume program. but the program I am trying now is one volume day and one high intensity day. But the entire weekly plan is different

The plan that i am following now uses assistance exercises like back extensions, back raises, flute/ham raises, reverse hypers, etc, to make up a LOT of the voume. so it really is a different program from what I am used to.

I have to say it is working very, very well. Amazingly well actually. Like what a lot of what I have heard from Louie over the years it seems to simple at first to take seriously. Too simple to take seriously, until you try it and find how DAMN hard it is. I have an online truing group so i can’t watch them in person but there are about 30-40 group and a LOT of them are making all time PR’s. They are all sore as hell but they are still making PR’s.

1 Like

Thanks very much for the answer glenn!

Louie is a great damn coach. I’ve loved the progress I’ve made following his advice, but I have to do a lot of interpretation at times…he has a great eye and instinct but I’ve noticed his articles are not the easiest to follow sometimes.

Still, it’s nice to know that a really well established coach like you is still learning and open to learning new things. I like knowing that

Hi Coach I’m interested in the system you’re referring too. How long are the workouts that your online athletes are doing? Thanks!

they are usually an hour long roughly. a lot of them split them up, doing the main lifts in the morning then the assistance in the afternoon, or vice versa.