Squat Form: Low Back Injury on 2nd Rep

[quote]Elastin wrote:
Michael Jordan could not explain how to get vertical, and what makes him more accurate in his basketball shot, because he subconsciously knows let’s say “biomechanics information x” but how does a person with less favorable genetics learn this “biomechanics information x”?

That is why i say there are athletes that can subconsciously engage their glutes, but my method is to consciously engage the glutes for those people with less favorable genetics.

you have got ppl that do squat, automatically they can engage their glutes, and you have got ppl that when they squat,all they feel is quad. I am trying to help those people that are less “gifted”. while all the experts in the sports performance industry teach the form, and stress on form, what I am saying is form is not the ONLY thing. [/quote]

It’s true that many athletes do not make good coaches, and cannot pass on their physical gifts to others. I am also not trying to suggest that it’s a bad thing to want to help people who have a hard time with Glute activation be able to do so. But you are seemingly saying that the methods that others have developed and have helped many in the past to be able to do so are somehow wrong and that your way is right. That’s a pretty audacious claim considering the success that many of these other coaches and athletes have achieved.

You also tend to pretty much disqualify your opinions when you start to suggest that those who have reached the elite level in a given sport are doing it wrong and that you, who has not provided any type of superior credentials, nor even competed at the elite level in that given sport knows better. Sorry, but such statements are going to require some pretty phenomenal evidence to support.

[quote]Elastin wrote:
If olympic weight lifters are so awesome like you state, why don’t they just transition to more money paying sports like soccer, football, running, basketball?[/quote]

Oh my god.

Let’s see… Perhaps these people have invested (for the most part) decades of their lives in training for a very particular discipline?

Dude, if you want to sell your ideas, you can’t go around making completely random statements like this, because it immediately turns off a big segment of your potential audience.