I have a problem with heavy squats. My max deadlift is 505, but I can’t break 300lbs for squat. Yesterday, I had a fellow lifter watch my form.
This is what he found:
- I am going below parallel - Good
- I am leaning forward too much - Bad
- My back does not maintain a solid arch - Bad
- I twist slightly when pushing up - Bad
- I’m not sitting back in the lift - Bad
The last one may be the cause of many other problems.
Time for box squats?
On deadlifts, my weak point is at lockout. Does all this indicate weak hammy’s?