Squat Form Help

Having squatted in both flats and oly shoes, flexibility aside I still think oly shoes are better for raw squatting. They by default allow for flexibility where there otherwise wouldn’t be any for many(like me) and put you in a better power position. Chucks are fine for pulling(though you’re better off with some DL slippers) but I don’t like them for squatting. I used to squat in chucks cause I was sold by all the fanfare they get from some of the pl articles and discussions posted, at the urging of my coach though i switched and haven’t looked back.

I will have to take another video I thought I was getting parallel before the video since I squat with my football team and compared to everyone else mine looks like atg

Im 16 so im taking in everything i can from everyone. and yes i can hit parallel bad video. how much do the extra couple inches help for football and throwing?

Squats are a great exercise to help with performance in any sport. But you are very, very high. Video from the side at about hip level and work to get the top of your thighs parallel to the floor. This angle will show you definitively when you’re there. There’s nothing wrong with wearing a belt, IMO. The advice to narrow your stance may have merit unless you can demonstrate that you can hit depth with that wide of a stance. Good luck to you. A better video will yield more useful feedback.

The way you grip the bar looks like it would be painful on the wrists…

[quote]get_ate wrote:

1. I’d get rid of the fucking belt and lift raw.

2. It looks like you were locking out your knees. If you were, then I’d correct that.

3. I’d say “fuck my ego” and lighten the weight significantly and work on being able to squat ass-to-the-grass.

4. It blows my mind that you’d ask for help about your form…and post an upside down video. Fucking baffling. [/quote]

In case you were looking for it, this post is a sign of the PL forum apocalypse.

I am sure Nostradamus wrote of it. Please, go somewhere else with this tripe.

Many of the responses here are good as well as accurate - you are pretty far from parallel (at least 4 inches) , narrow your stance - if doing pl, fine, but if you’re looking for a more direct crossover to football go narrower; to help gauge depth, get a stool or bench that his your leg 2 - 3 inches below the back of your knee (this should practically guarantee you’re at least parallel) - you can do a true box squat or just do a " touch & go". You’ll know how deep you are every time. Go lighter at first 275 - 315 to be safe…the extra depth could get you … And yes,those extra few inches will make a huge difference on the weights you cann use.

fuck atg. trying to get my hips with my knee thats all. thanks for all the positive posts trying to help. fuck the pussys just saying negative things doesnt help.

thats why i posted in pl section not olympic lifting

and yes michealbielaski i set up a box to just at paralell and i hit 405 x 6 when i usually can get it for 10 a little higher like shown here. good advice all those trying to help thank you