Squat Form Help

this is about 65-70% of my max. just did a few reps to show form. any help besides the fact that im a little shallow please

vid

Well first of all you’re upside down. :slight_smile:

I don’t see anything terrible other than the depth like you say. I’ll let the more experienced people go into any fine points though.

Why are you wearing a belt on a light set?

I usually just throw on a loose belt once I get over bodyweight. just something im used to I guess.

and i find that being upside down is an easier way to squat just personal preference

1. I’d get rid of the fucking belt and lift raw.

2. It looks like you were locking out your knees. If you were, then I’d correct that.

3. I’d say “fuck my ego” and lighten the weight significantly and work on being able to squat ass-to-the-grass.

4. It blows my mind that you’d ask for help about your form…and post an upside down video. Fucking baffling.

the video was not upside down on my computer and im not sure how to rotate a video anyway. thanks for the tips though

just want to hit parallel and id say i was about a couple inches off. im not sure that an ass to grass squat is more benificial for football then hitting at parallel(still need to work on that even). correct me if u think im wrong on any of this

just want to hit parallel and id say i was about a couple inches off. im not sure that an ass to grass squat is more benificial for football then hitting at parallel(still need to work on that even). correct me if u think im wrong on any of this

just a couple inches off? try at least a few inches off. i noticed your stance is way too wide. i can imagine me with that stance trying to get to parallel, it’d be challenging. also, i doubt you could hit that weight for one rep going parallel.

my stance isnt way to wide for powerlifting

but yes i do need to get a few inches lower. and no i could sit on the ground with that weight and still squat it

you squat about 350? did u mean to be in the powerlifting thread? if I get 530 a couple inches high ik i would be well over 4 slightly below parallel. slightly i know id shit out on atg due to just never doing it mostly

atleast its not a quarter squat!

Bring your stance in a bit and it’ll be easier to hit depth and you’ll get more quad involvement(which is critical to a big raw squat). I strongly recommend you considering oly shoes to squat in.

Till we see a video squatting to depth it’s impossible to tell you where you break down because you already have. Fix one problem at a time. If you can hit depth, then do it with 80-85%, take a video then ask for advice.

Good luck.

That may be helpful because I feel like I just hit a point where I can’t go farther I thought this was just due to flexibility. Thank you for the help! Ill repost next squat day narrower and a little lower.

and I am trying to get chuck taylors to squat in. whats your thoughts on these instead of oly shoes

I love my chucks and happily squat ATG in them all the time. But if you have flexibility issues, the oly shoes are probably a better idea.

check out mobilitywod.com to help you with flexibility (I feel like a friggin internet marketer linking mwod all the time… haha)

If you want to hit parallel, why are you not working on hitting parallel? If you can’t hit parallel because of inflexibility, poor form, whatever, then your parallel squat right now is 0, not “well over 4.” And if you can already hit parallel, then why ask for form critique on a lift that’s clearly high?

I agree with the others that it is very hard to tell what’s wrong with your squat given the video you posted. The one thing I can say, is if you are going to powerlift and use a belt, get one designed for powerlifting so you get used to it.