Squat Form Check

Could use a form check for my squat which was about 90~95% of my old max. Tried to reduce forward lean but im guessing its my own comfortable form. Tried to open up hips more but hips would hurt despite stretching and i would struggle to hit depth. - YouTube

Your head seems really forward, try packing your chin back (not down) like you’re making a double chin. This could help with your forward lean, which doesn’t seem too bad. Overall that’s a good lift.

Squat looks pretty darn fast if you ask me, you definitely have more in you. Good depth too. Keep up the good work.

Your head way the hell out in front of you, Elbows are chicken winged out from hell, and your upper back is not even close to locked in.

What would recommend for the upper back thing. I feel that its tight but if you have opinions i would gladly listen

[quote]Reed wrote:
Your head way the hell out in front of you, Elbows are chicken winged out from hell, and your upper back is not even close to locked in. [/quote]

Pretty much. Plus, when Reed says to do something for the squat, my experience is that it pays to listen.

Pull your elbows under the bar (even if they don’t get under it then tightness in your upper back will improve) and drive your head back into the bar. You might need to shift your hands in.

Ok i will try to work on it. What do u recommend for wrists. Should it be straight or its ok to be bent. Cause now i do it with wraps and a bent wrist and it feels more comfortable than a straight wrist cause i can hold closer

[quote]Wheynelau wrote:
Ok i will try to work on it. What do u recommend for wrists. Should it be straight or its ok to be bent. Cause now i do it with wraps and a bent wrist and it feels more comfortable than a straight wrist cause i can hold closer[/quote]

My wrists are bent - although I’ve heard that may not be optimal. For me, there’s no chance in hell I could keep my wrists straight and get my elbows under the bar. You could also play around with thumbless grip, although I’d recommend keeping your thumb wrapped if you can to grip harder.

Generally, I’d go with what lets you grip closer because you’ll generally get your elbows more under the bar that way.

I keep my wrist bent and i cannot seem to push my elbows down under the bar. Honestly when im coming out of the squat i feel like im pushing my elbows in cause it makes me push against the bar. But im not sure if im even doing it right. Which brings me to another question. How do you pull the bar into you with a bent wrist and elbows back

[quote]Wheynelau wrote:
I keep my wrist bent and i cannot seem to push my elbows down under the bar. Honestly when im coming out of the squat i feel like im pushing my elbows in cause it makes me push against the bar. But im not sure if im even doing it right. Which brings me to another question. How do you pull the bar into you with a bent wrist and elbows back[/quote]

It’s possible to pull the bar down with bent wrist. Out of curiosity, do you do much wide grip and close grip pulling work?

[quote]Wheynelau wrote:
I keep my wrist bent and i cannot seem to push my elbows down under the bar. Honestly when im coming out of the squat i feel like im pushing my elbows in cause it makes me push against the bar. But im not sure if im even doing it right. Which brings me to another question. How do you pull the bar into you with a bent wrist and elbows back[/quote]

For me, it’s pretty simple: grip the bar as hard as you can with your fingers and as much of your palm as you can. Pull straight down onto the bar, driving it hard into your back. At the same time, try to pull the bar apart. Then, push your elbows hard forward, trying to get them in line with your ribs. Drive your head back into the bar. Hold ALL of that from when you unrack the bar to when you re-rack it.