T Nation

Squat Form Check

Hi my names Andrew Le. Im 16 and weigh 181. Hoping to do a meet by the end of this year. I'd like to get some feedback on what I could improve on my squat form. Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eNIL4iaq0M

Cant see a ton from this angle that is glaringly bad EXCEPT your walk out. Really need to work on it. You rush it and are pretty loose from it from the get go,

Its not bad although your back starts to round around to time you hit parallel to the floor. You can find tons of information about this subject just google “butt wink” or lowerback rounding.

Agree with everything thats already been said, I think you could be a little tighter as you descend into the hole. That said thats a really solid squat for your age and weight, great stuff.

[quote]cparker wrote:
Agree with everything thats already been said, I think you could be a little tighter as you descend into the hole. That said thats a really solid squat for your age and weight, great stuff.[/quote]
Thanks! Do you think i hit depth?

Like everyone else said, its looking pretty decent. I’m thinking that, like your DL, you rely on your not inconsiderable strength and explosiveness to get the bar from A to B. This is fine, but only up to a point, because at that point you’ll find progress hard without really nailing technique.

Figure out exactly how best to set up and walk out and try working on not dropping so fast but more pulling yourself down into the hole and staying very tight throughout. Take the time to figure out exactly where to set your hands on the bar, where to set it on your shoulders and how wide and splayed to make your feet. IMO all those things should be a ritual that is the same no matter whether you have an empty bar or a bar loaded with a PR.