Squat Form Check

not sure how to input the direct video into this. just curious if form is decent enough. haven’t asked in a long time.

I would say it looks pretty good, but on the way up you let your chest fall forward a bit. It looks like the bulk of the stress is then placed on your lower back

haha not that I’m Jim Wendler

Not much to critique, really. I would try to pull your elbows under the bar a little more. The farther they are behind you, the easier it is to get bent over on the ascent, and your upper back won’t be as tight as it could be. Don’t force them under right away, work on shoulder flexibility and gradually work them under the bar over time.

It looks good. Coming forward at the bottom a little. I come forward when my feet are too close.

Okay I think I cleaned up my form some. Went down slower and feel like I didn’t go down as low. It felt a lot better. Thoughts?

Pretty significant change from the first video. After your setup the “music” proceeded to suck even harder than in the first video. Sqauts did look better, just slowly work on getting that depth back without caving. The “music” really sucks bad though.

Your form is fine on your first video - your second video sucked dude balls. I mute every training video because apparently everyone who lifts weights has never picked up an instrument and thus listens to shit.

Your form on the second video looked like you got hurt and had to make some changes. Also, start a band. And take tren and test.

Then name your band TrenDeath and stop squatting so far back - makes you look like a SitBack Disciple. Don’t name your band that though. Stick with TrenDeath. Play PowerViolence and record everything live - if you can’t record live, your band sucks more dude balls. Man, if you keep squatting like 2nd Video AND your new band (TrenDeath, just to remind you) doesn’t record live, that’ s a lot of dude balls you’ll be responsible for. Are you ready for that?

I didn’t think so.

So it looks like you need to squat normal and stick with recording your PowerViolence band live.

This forum just keeps getting better an better…

lol @ music. I just put on the music that marshal johnson suggested from a recent FB post he put up on elitefts.

regarding the form of my 2nd video, i have no clue about anything you said, wendler. honestly, i don’t believe anyone else does either. however, i’ll just assume either video was okay.

[quote]lifter85 wrote:
lol @ music. I just put on the music that marshal johnson suggested from a recent FB post he put up on elitefts.

regarding the form of my 2nd video, i have no clue about anything you said, wendler. honestly, i don’t believe anyone else does either. however, i’ll just assume either video was okay.[/quote] I guess sucking dude balls is okay then as well?

[quote]Rupert531 wrote:

[quote]lifter85 wrote:

regarding the form of my 2nd video, i have no clue about anything you said, wendler. honestly, i don’t believe anyone else does either. however, i’ll just assume either video was okay.[/quote] I guess sucking dude balls is okay then as well? [/quote]

yeah

[quote]lifter85 wrote:

regarding the form of my 2nd video, i have no clue about anything you said, wendler. honestly, i don’t believe anyone else does either. however, i’ll just assume either video was okay.[/quote]

He said that you squated too far back in the second video. Then he said that he doesn’t like your music and he threatened to question your presumed sexual orientation.

Dude sit the hell down haha no but really in video 2 you are sitting back far as shit. Are you lifting in gear? I dont believe so. Also i dk why you are using raised heels in a raw squat that isnt even to parallel why dont you bring your stance in some and sit back slightly then down? Trust me your body will thank you once you get to the 5s and up your gonna fuck your hips up and getbsome crazy ass IT band shit going on.

[quote]jkondash89 wrote:
Dude sit the hell down haha no but really in video 2 you are sitting back far as shit. Are you lifting in gear? I dont believe so. Also i dk why you are using raised heels in a raw squat that isnt even to parallel why dont you bring your stance in some and sit back slightly then down? Trust me your body will thank you once you get to the 5s and up your gonna fuck your hips up and getbsome crazy ass IT band shit going on.[/quote]

I didn’t realize I was sitting so far back, it just feels natural. I am assuming it is because I have done starting strength for a long time in the past and after reading so much determined it was best to sit back into a squat. How exactly would I go about not sitting back so far if that is what I need to be doing? If it helps at all, I have never experienced any IT issues whatsoever from my squats.

Is there a good way to know how far to sit back or something to keep in mimd while squatting? Because I think i’ve been sitting about as far back as he was in the second video, but im not sure

Just push your hips back and sit down lol nothing crazy. Stick a box like 3 inches behind you (low box) sit on that for awhile.

[quote]lifter85 wrote:

regarding the form of my 2nd video, i have no clue about anything you said, wendler. honestly, i don’t believe anyone else does either. however, i’ll just assume either video was okay.[/quote]

Seems to coincide w/every other thread in here.

mind = blown that seriously anyone can see anything different between wendler’s position out of the hole vs. mine. looks absolutely no different to me.

(mods, is the picture I attached available for everyone to see?)

1. If you look your ass is pointed out while his is slightly tucked. I’ve tried it both ways (no butt-wink vs slight butt-wink) and I’m not sure which way is better. I’ve generally adopted the policy of not thinking too hard and just letting my body move naturally.

2. That said, you’re comparing an SSB squat to a back squat.

3. It’s been 7 days and this is still bothering you?

4. I’m upset with myself for studying dudes asses.

5. How is your band coming?

[quote]lifter85 wrote:
mind = blown that seriously anyone can see anything different between wendler’s position out of the hole vs. mine. looks absolutely no different to me.

(mods, is the picture I attached available for everyone to see?)[/quote]

You asked me about YOUR squat. I was trying to help you and have some fun. How I squat isn’t how YOU should squat - that’s pretty damn obvious. I don’t know how that can’t be anymore obvious.

Listen, if you don’t like the advice DON’T ASK. Sometimes I just don’t understand people. You asked me for MY OPINION. I gave you my opinion but you got upset.

Just go squat.