Squat Form Check

Can someone comment on my squat form?

You’re cutting them slightly high, try to sink them deeper by forcing your knees out and sitting back/ down. I can’t really see how tight your back is, but it can always be tighter really for almost anyone. Also try to take a big breath into your belly and hold it during the lift instead of grunting.

Other than that looks pretty good, keep up the good work and next time post a vid where I can see your whole body!

Kinda looks like you’re putting weight on toes too

Just saying, can’t exactly tell but if those are like plaid twill shorts or whatever, you might want to wear less constricting shorts next time you squat…

you don’t go deep enough. Real squat is below parallel. Aside from that and the shaking I would say not too bad. I think you’ll do good as you gain some more confidence with the exercise.

You would be well served by taking videos from front and back as well. A side view doesn’t show everything. One problem I see ALL THE TIME among new squatters is knees that cave at the turnaround point. This view doesn’t tell me if you’re doing that or not. I also can’t see how the bar is positioned on your back because the plates are in the way. You’ll get better feedback with another video or 2.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
You would be well served by taking videos from front and back as well. A side view doesn’t show everything. One problem I see ALL THE TIME among new squatters is knees that cave at the turnaround point. This view doesn’t tell me if you’re doing that or not. I also can’t see how the bar is positioned on your back because the plates are in the way. You’ll get better feedback with another video or 2.[/quote]

great input I’d say. Also changing the pants would be useful :smiley: