T Nation

Squat Form Check

Title says it all. Just trying to get the feel for it. Tips are welcome.

[video]1737[/video]

is this for real?

.greg.

Dude, great form but you need to get the brush part on the other side first. It’ll help keep your chest up. Other than that, they’re the finest sweep squats I’ve ever seen!

I can’t see any cleaning company turning you down for some part time work any time soon :slight_smile:

In reality though… looks good to me, but you need to put some weight on it. For most people that are concentrating on good form it doesn’t start to collapse until you hit weight.

[quote]gregron wrote:
is this for real?

.greg.[/quote]

Yeah, why? Did it look stupid with the brush on?

[quote]ozzyaaron wrote:
Dude, great form but you need to get the brush part on the other side first. It’ll help keep your chest up. Other than that, they’re the finest sweep squats I’ve ever seen!

I can’t see any cleaning company turning you down for some part time work any time soon :slight_smile:

In reality though… looks good to me, but you need to put some weight on it. For most people that are concentrating on good form it doesn’t start to collapse until you hit weight. [/quote]

Thanks for the feedback man. I know I should have taken the brush off (I’m an idiot, lol), but that broom is borderline weightless, so I don’t think it was much of an issue. Also, I realize that I should have put weight on, but (1) I don’t have any decent weights at my house and (2) I didn’t want to add any weight until I had the form completely down.

Actually, I can’t do back squats because my gym doesn’t have a power rack. I substitute with Zercher Squats from the floor. I just practice back squat form so that I’ll be ready for them when I eventually find a better place to train.

Again, thank you for the response.

I just wasnt sure if you were being serious based on how long you held the brush out in front of yourself pre squat and then again with how you were popping your knees before each rep. I definitely wouldnt be doing that with some serious weight on your back… Seems like an injury waiting to happen.

.greg.

Without having a power rack I would work on doing front squats. Just clean the weight up there and do front squats.

.greg.

[quote]gregron wrote:
I just wasnt sure if you were being serious based on how long you held the brush out in front of yourself pre squat and then again with how you were popping your knees before each rep. I definitely wouldnt be doing that with some serious weight on your back… Seems like an injury waiting to happen.

.greg.[/quote]

I was getting my grip on the broomstick.

But yeah, I don’t know why I did the knee popping thing. I wouldn’t actually do that with weight, so no worries.

[quote]gregron wrote:
Without having a power rack I would work on doing front squats. Just clean the weight up there and do front squats.

.greg.[/quote]

Well, I tried that already, and this issue was already covered in another thread that I made.

However, I appreciate the advice.