T Nation

Squat Form Check 215

I am 27. Lifting consistently for a few months and determined to make progress.

Doing greyskull. Making progress on the squat but want to make sure my form is okay. I am doing high bar because it feels more natural. How does my form look? I know the fourth rep was weak, but should I increase the weight next workout or reduce it and work on my form? Sorry for the rotated video

[quote]DanJS14 wrote:
I know the fourth rep was weak, but should I increase the weight next workout or reduce it and work on my form? Sorry for the rotated video
[/quote]

Add weight. Your form looks decent; I’m sure there are details that could be improved (such as pushing with your hips and staying more vertical on the way up), but as long as your reps look acceptable, it is important to add load. People keep practising with light weights and never understand that you need to reach your breaking point to find the relevant flaws in your form. You controlled the weight for five reps even though you lost confidence during the fourth; this means you can add weight. When you fail to get five reps on your last set (not five ‘perfect’ reps), deload to 90%.

Completely agree. Form looks good, keep adding weight.

thank you guys!

Keep adding weight, it looks fine to work with.