Squat Depth Vid

What do you think of the depth of this guy?
He claimed he used to compete but i don’t think he’s breaking parallel

Bad angle but even with a bad angle its obvious not close to parallel, but its in a gym so it doesn’t count anyway

He looked a bit high .

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Bad angle but even with a bad angle its obvious not close to parallel, but its in a gym so it doesn’t count anyway[/quote]

The best way to squat is to perform every single rep with great form even when warming up so the body will never know bad form and when the time comes it will not miss the lift.

[quote]kalb wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Bad angle but even with a bad angle its obvious not close to parallel, but its in a gym so it doesn’t count anyway[/quote]

The best way to squat is to perform every single rep with great form even when warming up so the body will never know bad form and when the time comes it will not miss the lift.[/quote]

Not sure what this has to do with what I say, but ok.

It’s high but it doesn’t matter. I compete regularly and I would hate to think some internet person was judging my gym squats I cut high. I already have a husband to yell at me when they’re high. I’m sure everyone has gut gym lifts high particularly with a heavy, unaccustomed weight.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
It’s high but it doesn’t matter. I compete regularly and I would hate to think some internet person was judging my gym squats I cut high. I already have a husband to yell at me when they’re high. I’m sure everyone has gut gym lifts high particularly with a heavy, unaccustomed weight.[/quote]

The problem is this guy is proud of his form in the video and is referring some noobs to learn from it.

Nice hair. My squat sucks so that’s all i got.

[quote]kalb wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

The best way to squat is to perform every single rep with great form even when warming up so the body will never know bad form and when the time comes it will not miss the lift.[/quote]

Dr. Squatenheimer…is that you?

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]kalb wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

Dr. Squatenheimer…is that you?[/quote]

I’m his cousin

I tried a Max Effort squat last month, It wouldnt pass on depth if I was competing, but its the first time I had that amount of weight on my back as well. It gave me the confidence that this will be very attainable in the very near future…jeez I hope no one was videoing me

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
I tried a Max Effort squat last month, It wouldnt pass on depth if I was competing, but its the first time I had that amount of weight on my back as well. It gave me the confidence that this will be very attainable in the very near future…jeez I hope no one was videoing me[/quote]

Our dude is proud of the video and his depth in it. He wanted to be taped to show it to noobs to squat lije him

If he is just trying to feel heavier weight I think there are much more effective ways to go about it. If he is honeslty wanting others to learn by his example here he is a douche bag. His squat is pretty damn horrible from the set up, to the very loose wobbly hips before the decent, to the no where near depth, and some pretty bad inward knee movement… No one in their right mind should be following his cues

[quote]kalb wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

Exactly!!

If you want to keep squatting 100lbs forever, that is.

What’s your PR, op?

[quote]kalb wrote:

I must respectfully disagree.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[quote]kalb wrote:

I must respectfully disagree.[/quote]

I just plain old fashioned disagree

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[quote]kalb wrote:

I must respectfully disagree.[/quote]

I just plain old fashioned disagree[/quote]
D you feel the same about other exercises, such as bench press, or rows?

[quote]Stinkfist wrote:

[quote]kalb wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

Exactly!!

If you want to keep squatting 100lbs forever, that is.

What’s your PR, op?[/quote]

405x2

[quote]Reed wrote:
If he is just trying to feel heavier weight I think there are much more effective ways to go about it. If he is honeslty wanting others to learn by his example here he is a douche bag. His squat is pretty damn horrible from the set up, to the very loose wobbly hips before the decent, to the no where near depth, and some pretty bad inward knee movement… No one in their right mind should be following his cues
[/quote]

If this is the case then I agree

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]Reed wrote:
[/quote]

If this is the case then I agree
[/quote]

I don’t agree. In fact I’m interviewing long haired, kind of scabby looking guys as a spotter.