Squat 6 [O] Bench 4 [X] and Be Leaner [ / ]

yes she is!!! I dont normally have such defined facial features #chubbylife Normally after shaving my face is cold, but not this time it just feels normal.

And I blast with the regular ones, sweet potatoes just dont burn off the same way.

I try to always stay positive…despite all the ranting :smiley:

Speaking of rants and tantrums… After yesterdays mental melt down I woke up looking the best ever so that was a nice surprise. (I just mentally snapped, but didnt eat anything.)

BRO CUT TIP: I did sleep better too though because instead of just having hunger insomnia I slammed a protein shake and went back to sleep.

Right now I have the strangest feeling, not just a lack of hunger, but I think I am actually FULL!!!

With the improved sleep and not being starving all day my energy and strength were much improved.

PULL???

Pause Squats to Lots at 225
RDL 5s to 365 (these were fast)
Barbell Row drop set into RDLs
Cable Row
Pulldown

Between my knee hurting and not getting into my hamstrings until late in the work out I was pretty frustrated, annoyed, angry with how squats went…so I did some warm ups today. I recorded a ton. Butt wink, sciatica flare up. some knee pain it was a party BUT I got into and I am going to fix this AGAIN!!! Maybe some day I will just stop stopping mobility work.

I think I am going to start sub-maximally squatting daily. This week will be pause squats and light because that doesnt hurt my knee and it also helps get my mobility and form in check. I just always have the best form from squatting daily BUT maxing every day is brutal, especially for this old man.

2 Likes

You’re not thaaaaaaaaaat old. Right? Lol

BUSY AS BLEEP LATELY but things are good, cant wait to be home.

32…seems so old.

Wednesday PM
BICEP PUMPz

Thursday AM
Bench 5s to 295 and 3.5@315
Board Press 5-5-4-@265
Dum Military Light Pumpy
Cable Press

Thursday PM
TRICEP PUMPz

DIET etc um yea, so my energy levels are through the roof right now after switching to potatoes. The calories really haven’t increased much but mentally it is a wonderful break to be FULL!!! Wednesday I didnt even finish all of my potatoes. To make things better I am carbing up and looking better. I will have my final update probably sunday or monday.

Right now I feel like I could cut for another 3 months…but fk that I want to lift heavy things. My body could probably use a break from the juice too.

LOL JUANITO

CONTEXT:
We are at the gym chatting like usual. He is in a usual ensemble of a stringer, skin tight black biker shorts with pink designs, fanny pack, headphones and gym gloves.

He says “this lady keeps looking at me”
I am like “she probably wants to know where you bought those biker shorts”
He says “no I think she is flirting”
I laugh
He says “it makes me a little uncomfortable”
More laughing, hysterically this time “Juan, how many times have you checked out my ass?”
More laughing. Some one checks you out, take the compliment.

Which brings me to my 5 favorite things about training with gay dudes:

1. They always tell me when I am getting leaner (and shut their mouth when I am chubby)
  2. My relationship advice is so much better when no females are involved
  3. Spotters volunteer
  4. That’s what HE said is even funnier
  5. I never have to hear “No Homo”

HAPPY THURSDAY!!! ALMOST THERE!!! Gonna go avoid working and have some wifey time.

5 Likes

Damn. Those are some GOOD points.

2 Likes

WTF, had to look this one up

2 Likes

Yea fuck calorie is a calorie…not sure how many times I have to remember that. Calories were low yesterday but of course I had 1.5L of diet coke and it stuck with me and made me look soft this morning for photos. The water actually stuck with me until squats and as the session went on my belt became looser…that was cool. Also my belt is too big…CUT WIN!!! It wont be once I start eating again.

SKWATS!!!

yea, Pause Squats, normal squats mixed in every where, even some front squats. Everything at 405 and under. Just nice light day working on that form.

I LIKED THE BELT!!! It is definitely going to help.

Eating begins in the next few days. Powerlifting begins Monday.

Aso the knee feels great, and I think I have my squat worked out.

7 Likes

Glad the squats are working out and the knee pain is going away! Warming up helps man! Especially as we age and progress.

Whenever I go to an Olympic lifting seminar with the pros you literally spend 30 min warming up before you even touch a barbell. I use to think mobility work and warming up was a waste of time, but they kept emphasizing it. When Olympians are preaching it, I’m going to listen!

Try this routine one day before lifting (especially squats) you are going to feel amazing!

2 Likes

Yeeeup, have my eyes on a steak, some beers and some pretzels…and THE NBA PLAYOFFS START WOOT WOOT!!!

Just going to enjoy this for a couple days and I will be back monday to begin the next challenge.

5 Likes

Great job, wey! Congradulations!

But please, for all your fans, give us 1 side tricep pose.

2 Likes

Great work! Looking sharp…way to see it through.

I’m curious if your insomnia will improve post cut. Mine sucks year round.

1 Like

You a sexy mofo.

2 Likes

Wow! Awesome work! :muscle:t3:

1 Like

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! In hindsight, it was a lot of fun.

It was on a video that didnt take…but after googling it I wasnt doing it right anyways hahaha I will try.

I feel you on that, I have never been a great sleeper. Mid cut I added middle of the night Protein shakes and that helped a bunch so I think it will get much better again.

OOOOKAAAYYY ON TO THE NEXT!!!

I really haven’t been craving anything…but I ate it all anyways hahahaha

Ok the top is Saturday Round 1 and Round 2. Please note the heavy marbling of Steak #1 and the beverage is not Na-K flavored water.

Then my newest creation for flexible dieting papaya chicken salad. Very similar to the more popular Mango and Meat creations but this one has a lot more fiber and a lot less calories. Also I love mango so much mixing it is like Blaspheme to me.

Then finally my post work out meal today was this monstrosity. Layered chocolate and cheese cake with a brownie base and oreo decor. It is the most perfect cake I have ever seen or eaten. They need to find a way to get some Peanut Butter in there.

TODAYS TRAINING

Bunch of Unilateral Pulling Work
Dum Press
Gunz
Daily Squat mobility Work

GOING FORWARD

If I wake up above 93kg I am Potato blasting (2500ish). Other wise Protein and Fiber are all that matters as long as food choices dont affect my training.

GOALs:
Squat 3x BW and 600+
Bench 2x BW and 400+
Fix Back Muscle Imbalances (Rhomboids and Lats be jacked…in the bad way)
make GUNZ more JACKED (in the good way)
Possibly Vertical Training

HOW:
Basically PPL Split and 5-3-1 Periodization with Joker Sets and FSL
Daily Direct Arm and Unilateral Back Work (2 a Days)
Clean Grip Power Snatches and Plyos

HAPPY SUNDAY!!! Go have that Funday Time and see you all tomorrow.

3 Likes

What’s your mango salad recipe?

About 2kg of papaya, 1 large red onion, 1 lime squeezed, a little “Salt Lite” and about 700g of grilled chicken breast. I didnt want to get too crazy in case it wasn’t good and I would have to eat 3kg of it hahaha

Best part is the macros. 1600cal-182p-214c-7f and 42 grams of fiber which leaves me with about 2k calories to do what ever. Pretty sure an entire medium pizza comes in under 2k…so does a 12 pack hahaha

AM SQUATS:

Felt good, were high AF. I need to bring my stance in and get used to the belt.

Ate way too much today so I had never been so happy for wifey to go shopping. It meant I could go guilt free to the gym a second time!!!

PM PUMPz
Unilateral Lat Pulldown
Tricep stuff
Bicep Stuff
Calves

Everything was kind supersetted but just kind of by feel. I didnt rest much and got a pretty awesome pump.

Powerlifting is my passion but I also love being in the gym and these pump workouts are a nice change of pace. Like cardio if cardio was fun and/or had merit.

If there is a machine I love it is unilateral cables for pulling. Mimics free weights the best it can and it is unilateral. Hopefully I can use them to balance my back.

4 Likes

In for this log. Great work. I’d love to be looking at a 1500# total. Impressive work.

3 Likes

So the gym stuff…

Been dealing with in overlapping order:

lower back cramps
right knee pain
sciatica
quad tendonitis in both quads
some kind of pec issue
a lower back pinch I noticed today

As one gets better new ones show up, tons of fun really.

With the diet I definitely mentally snapped and went on a 2…or 5 day eat anything not actually labeled poison diet. I didnt lose too much definition but my weight shot up to 96kg.

Since then I have been running experiments with flexible dieting coming to the same conclusion I always come to: IT SUCKS!

But with those experiments I already have my next and final bucket list cut planned out. The issue is when I will be able to be in a stable enough environment to run it. Yea, fk life LOL. OK that sound bad, great life but we are moving 3 times in the next 6 ish months and Wednesday we are going to Torreon for 9 days for a wedding.

I have been training about 10 times a week but they are not any fun to write about. Mostly mobility and rehab work with a ton of pump work of what ever parts of my body were not knowingly injured…so yea I have trained Arms and Unilateral Cable Rowing every day. Also a ton of band assisted body weight squats (lunges and regular body weight squats hurt everything too much). I am getting sad just thinking about it again.

So back after a brief hiatus. Going forward I am just going to focus on getting healthy, in every sense. Physically I just need time and probably less rehab. Diet wise I just need to be more flexible and less often if that makes sense. And mentally I have herbal aroma therapy hahaha…yea no I just need to switch off sometimes which I really don’t know how to do.

The one positive is out of all the stress and chaos is wifey and I have pulled closer than ever.

So rehab forever, I guess.

TODAY’s REHAB turned into an actual workout almost

Dead 5s to a painful single at 365 so quit.
Tons of Front Squat and Back Squat warm up sets
Heaviest sets was a Front Single at 315 and Back 5 @ 415
Goblet Squats

Looking back I am pretty happy with that. That was the first time Deadlifting since RDLs perma cramped my back and it didnt feel heavy, my back was just twinged or tweaked.

Squats felt ok in the moment but in between sets and now after I am paying for it a bit and everything is just sore AF.

5 Likes

Glad to see ya back brother, was going to ask where the hell you went!

Too bad you have a shit storm to deal with at the moment. In this focus on getting healthy, will you be doing anything particular with your ‘supps’?

1 Like

TRT dose and keep estro in check…I have thought about coming completely off but then I remember how much low T sucked hahaha.

Getting hammered on that 5-3-1 Coolaid

5s “week” done…

THURSDAY:
Squat 9@405
Dead 14 @ 405
PM PUMPz: Dumbell Rows and Biceps

FRIDAY:
Bench 9@275 plus BBB @ 165
PM Pumpz: Biceps, Triceps, Abs and I pushed a prowler a couple times

For now I am going to keep the dead numbers the same as my squat. Allows me to focus on Squat a bit helps recovery from deads.

2 Likes

PULL and PUMPz!!!

Dum Power Rows*
Pullups
Hammer Strength Row
Triceps
Biceps

*Basically a barbell (or power) row done with dumbells to focus on balance and a consistent bar path.

A lady was there who kind of recognized me from 2 years ago (precycle) but didnt. We talked and after our first conversation she described exactly me and I confirmed that it was me and her final answer was that it was not me. LOL

We talked again and she said wow you have changed, I said thank you and then she said “I am very surprised”. English isn’t her first language but there was a tone to it that didn’t sound like a compliment. It sounded more like “I cant believe all those compound lifts did that?” I said thank you and put it in my motivation bank.

In my head I notice how all the cardio bunnies and machine hoppers all looked exactly as they did 2 years ago…even the chick who’s “supp stack” would probably dwarf mine. (Pretty sure she is the gym’s source too.)

WEDDING TIME!!! I have no idea where this family would be with out me…

And right now my big dilemma is that somebody bought a bottle of Old Parr and the ice I have available is questionable…at best. There are about 3 scotches I really enjoy and Old Parr is one. The Pinch is one…and I assume there is at least a 3rd.

For all my whining I really do live a charmed life with wonderful people.

HAPPY SATURDAY!!!

4 Likes