Squat 6 [O] Bench 4 [X] and Be Leaner [ / ]

RETURN OF BUTT WINK AND ASSHOLE TRAINERS!!! WAHOOO!!!

Yea so Buttwink is back but really minor. It is definitely for mobility but also because pushing my knees forward is still a bit painful. So I am bringing back ALL THE MOBILITY WORK!!! That will teach me to get lazy.

So yea, I just unrack the bar for squats and a gym employee comes over and starts telling me to make sure I put my weights away saying I left weights over there (points) and there (points again) to weights actually left out by the crossfit class HE TEACHES!!! I am like What!!! The fuck you doing talking to me in the middle of my fucking set??? He promptly walked away and put away his weights.

I have seen his class in action so I am completely not surprised he has no clue about gym etiquette or client safety. AAGGHHH!!! How the fk do these people have jobs at a gym that isn’t washing equipment.

OK on to the fun stuff. NEW PROGRAM!!!

Basically it is training maximally. It has been what I have almost always done but grass is greener on the other side. Will stick with PPL with Deads on Pull day unless I am not recovering. I now am pretty sure the back DOMS I am feeling are just “back pump”.

I will be going through a volume block for Squats and Bench and continue this probably until the cut is over. Deads will be minimal volume to maintain hook grip and pulling numbers.

SQUAT PHASE 0

Pause Squat 5s Tops Sets @ 295-345-365
Normal Squat Burner Sets 8-10@295
Some abs superset with thinking about calves

And now some Gratuitous Hump Day NUDITY!!! (you can kind of see the quad veins and striations through my shitty camera phone)

2 Likes

Woke up 90.1kg and 87.5cm waist WOOT WOOT!!! Luckily I measured twice, 1st time I just half assed it and was like yup 88.5 nice
but then I remeasured and looked closer and was like DAMNNNN!!! Nioooce.

Aesthetically Bliss, Physically Drained
recovery is good though considering

Walking home from gym getting that tan (suns out guns out obviously) and saw my reflection, this FKN beard is coming off, SOON!!! All I really care about is that my abs show really well and they do. The cut wont be over but that beard will be burned!!! Outdoors, because burning hair smells pretty bad.

Diet Template next few days:

Was planning on a refeed until I saw how close I was, now it is time to toughen up and enjoy the suck.

Deads
ish

Hook 5-3-1s to 545
SDLs Supaset with Barbell Rows
Abs Supaset with Pullups
Bicep Curls
these were extremely painful

This workout sucked. After about 30 seconds of activity I want a nap. 32 seconds and I am out of breath.

Then with deads the weight didnt feel so heavy as much as my bracing wouldn’t hold. Basically my insides were caving into a black hole of themselves
this is where a belt (and knowing how to use it) would probably help a ton.

This was a pretty tough day for me mentally, being tired obviously but I take more pride in being strong than anything else. I just have to remember it will come back as soon as I eat again.

1 Like

Perfect description but when this happens to me the belt becomes less useful than usual because I’m not able to make use of the extra pressure.

1 Like

Insomnia in full swing, didnt take long. Truthfully the hardest part of insomnia is stretching a calorie deficit for an extra 5 hours every day. THAT IS BRUTAL!!! Needless to say its not even noon and I have about 2 meals left.

Energy much better today, still starving though.

Woke Up 89.7kg

Bench Phase 1

Bench 5s to 285
3 @ 305 (probably had 5 with a liftoff/spot)
3*5@245
Dum Military almost (delts not having it)
Pec Dec (pump was real)
Tri Ropes

ummm, yea, I photo bombed some dude holding his kids giving him bunny ears on the way home. That was fun
I guess walk the dog, hit the pool and try to nap for 5 hours.

3 Likes

Straight SMASHED Squaterday and come home at 2pm and THIS is the rest of my food today
ugh fuck you cut. Energy has been decent all things considered, I guess. My stomach is in a constant state of black hole-ness though
even though I ate about 500g of pasta this morning and leading up to the gym.

The plus side is that I am so hungry I think I actually like broccoli and cauliflower.

SQUATERDAY!!!

Really long warmup
Pause Squat 5s to 365-385-405 (RPE all of it)
Normal Squat 10@315 and 20@225
Straight Leg Deads supaset abs (back getting tight)
Ham Curl supaset Quad X (super light)
Calves

Yea so I really wasnt a “believer” in “activation work”. My thoughts were the bar is loaded, obviously every muscle is going to fire to keep me from dying. Buuut thank you @isdatnutty for finally making me be a believer.

Full squat warm up to help with knee pain (which has been lingering) and engaging the posterior chain to keep me from pushing so hard into my knees aggravating the knee pain.

3 Likes

Quads looking awesome man. Definitely seeing some striations coming in which is sweet.
Also, loving the video editing. The face is priceless.

1 Like

OMG! That Cookie Monster with the veggies! :joy::rofl: Exactly how I feel on this Green Faces Diet right about now.

1 Like

With the proliferation of internet coaching and $100 online “certifications” it seems like the tide of bullshit is only going to keep rising. There’s this fat trainer who always wears these Superhero underarmor shirts. This is fine, except for the fact that I overheard him explaining to a client that skintight shirts are required for lifts to be legal in a USAPL meet

1 Like

My favorite is a dude who says things like “my legs are mature so squatting 135 pounds for 5 gives the same stimulation as squatting 500 for 5” while he loads up the bars for his clients to wobble leg quarter squat 2 plates for 3 “reps”. He also “used to weight lift heavy but just got burned out”. It’s all relative but I think calling body pump heavy is a stretch.

Then there is a long pattern of stupider stuff like just not setting pins in the squat rack to proper height (I think the trainers don’t realize that pins are adjustable for a reason), another trainer not knowing that incline would be harder than flat and I am not sure I have ever seen a client do an unassisted rep.

Ugh the bosu ball squats, ego box jumps and insert beach muscle isolations done every day with out rhyme or balance, the electro shock lifting, the insistence on poor form practices and the fake BF% estimations
my gym is the Trump University of gyms.

And Johnny is on vacation and training at Gold’s Gym Venice. I am making him send me pron pics of the Squat Rack wall and deadlift platforms.

4 Likes

Last time I was in my university gym one of the personal trainers told someone near me doing snatch grip upright rows to do it with his hands together. I’m pretty sure they have a reputation for destroying your shoulders.

3 Likes

They do, the “crossfit expert” at my gym teaches sumo deadlifts with the close grip because of the Sumo Deadlift High Pull. It’s a crossfit only exercise that is so hazardous crossfit doesnt even program it anymore.

SUNDAY BACK PUMP DIAAAAYYYYY!!!
Attempt Sumo Deads but that was not happening after yesterday’s volume
Barbell Rows worked up to 325 for a couple sets then 275 for some more
Muscle Ups
Cable Rows
Pullups
Biceps

Really bombed my diet this morning. It probably won’t be so bad but I made sure to put in VOLUME because of it!!! It started at 3am with my planned banana protein nice cream (stealing nice cream name from jamie1888 :smiley: ) and then quickly escalated when I found the nutella. Then I checked the nutrition facts. Then I cried a bit. Then I ate 2 sandwiches with this sauce that neither are in the macros today.

In order most damaging to least to my diet are sleep, E2 levels and walking home from the gym on an empty stomach.

OH WOKE UP 88.8KG!!! HELL YEA!!! and 86.5cm waist which is way more awesome.

Both are PRs for this cut
and probably since I was in my early 20s LOL #fatasslife

BRO CUT TIP:
EAT PAPAYA 100g is 39 calories and 2 grams of fiber plus potassium, plus it tastes great and is sweet and Evan Centopani says so.

Time to grab wifey from work and play BBQer/Bartender, then meal prep and BED!!! HAPPY SUNDAY!!!

And not a veggie in sight

7 Likes

When you prep, do you prep the meat for all 7 days?

4-5 days usually. I think the meat tastes a bit better before day 5 or 6 and my fridge never has room for 7 tuberwares
because none of them match hahahaha

Grilling it though I think I could eat it for weeks.

1 Like

Ummmm Woke up 91.1kg after yeterdays 
fiasco.

Bench 5s @ 45-135-185-225-255-275-295 and 4 @ 315
Board Press 3*5@255
Pec Fly
Triceps

Day Trip to Tulum with Sofi and a couple of her friends. I of course was designated driver and napped hard beach side :smiley:

NEW DIET: Next 4 days, come thursday and friday I will evaluate if I want to keep cutting or carb up. I am monitoring my Sodium and Potassium intake very closely this week, which is more to make sure I get enough than too little. I also want my levels to be balanced when it comes time to carb up.

and one more of fun in the sun

5 Likes

I accomplished my dream physique, so the beard comes off. Cut still going though so I dont want to show anything yet.

AND MY BELT FINALLY GOT HERE!!! I AM NO LONGER RAW!!! Super equipped hahaha Also I have been waiting until my belt got here to show off my new straps. When they got here Wifey saw them and was like, are those for me? No. You didnt buy them for me? NO. Can I use them? No.

I need more color in my life and I saw those and had to have them
plus they were 200 pesos cheaper than the black straps.

SQUATS!!!
5s @ 365-405-425-445
Like 3*7ish @ 365
Goblet Squat Supaset Jump Lunges

Despite smashing food all morning I pretty much had to pump myself up to get to the gym. Ugh this cut needs to end. My motivational wall

Needless to say I am running on empty
I guess literally and mentally.

7 Likes

Middle photo is my favourite by far. Jeebus but you look different without a beard!

2 Likes

Hahaha yea, about 20 years younger
and slightly less homeless.

So
I SNAPPED

Mentally broken so I am going to go with the flow of broken pieces and kick up my calories to 3k. Buuuut I am going full Potato Blast.

700g Chicken
3kg Potato
Macros 3k-220-540-7 which includes all the fiber a cutting bro or broette could need.

I dont think Papaya (or fruit) is good in a cut anymore.
I think it’s time I go with what I know works.
This will carb load me a bit, I should have better energy and it should also fill me up better.
I will start subbing in some fats as the days go on.
This is the beginning of my reverse dieting.

Ah and knee hurts more than a bit so thats fun, might go to 10 rep sets capped at 315 until I can fix this.

3 Likes

I stole this from you and used it in my own diet. I will DEFINITELY be returning to it when I reintroduce carbs.

Cheap, easy to cook, delicious (kind of feel like I’m cheating by eating them), and seem to digest/burn off very quickly. An awesome choice to mix up with rice.

3 Likes

I read through a good chunk of ya training log and I just got to say one thing man.

If you were someone’s trainer/training partner, you would hype them up like no other lol. Clients for sure would be crushing PRs daily! You can tell there’s hella energy in your log.

3 Likes

Just here for Sofi at the moment (jk), she’s so adorable!!!
And the beard has left!!! You have such defined facial features though. Never would’ve noticed. Does your face feel all smooth and stuff? Are you blasting with sweet potatoes? Or the regular ones?( it better be sweet potatoes gotdammit!) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: