Spurs-Mavs

[quote]TJCooker wrote:
I think ThatGirl77 is picking up on the media image of Lebron. I mean, the Nike commercials make him out to be some kind of godlike figure, and that turns alot of people off, I know I don’t like it.

What about Tim Duncan? He never does those kinds of commercials. Compared to Kevin Garnett, who seems to have some kind of ego problem. There are a few stars out there who are still respectable and don’t act like they all deserve to be worshipped. They are getting to be fewer with all these high schoolers coming into the nba.[/quote]

this is ridiculous. if nike portrays james that way, it’s only because we’ve never seen a 21-year old with these skills.

as for duncan, he doesn’t get the big endorsement deals simply because he’s boring. the casual observer doesn’t care about footwork and fundamentals (duncan’s are excellent), they want to see on-court flair.

SPURS BABY!!!

Spurs survive to play game 7 in San Antonio.

I’m totally amazed and pleased that the Spurs have come back, and now I do feel that they have a good opportunity to win in game 7. We shall watch and see. Totally awesome series.

[quote]TJCooker wrote:
Spurs survive to play game 7 in San Antonio.

I’m totally amazed and pleased that the Spurs have come back, and now I do feel that they have a good opportunity to win in game 7. We shall watch and see. Totally awesome series.[/quote]

Lucky me!

I got a ticket, and a pretty good one, to boot! Nose bleed, but mid court :smiley:

[quote]
Lucky me!

I got a ticket, and a pretty good one, to boot! Nose bleed, but mid court :D[/quote]

You are lucky. I hope you have a great time. I’m close to Pittsburgh and we don’t have a pro team…Pittsburgh is not really a basketball town so we get one preseason game. The Cavs will come down and play some random team each year (and usually it is a shitty team)

Both games last night were great…although I was pulling for the Cavs to knock off the Pistons. Sunday will be two great games.

Tony Parker needs to get his head out of his ass if the Spurs are going to win game 7.

[quote]TJCooker wrote:
Lucky me!

I got a ticket, and a pretty good one, to boot! Nose bleed, but mid court :D[/quote]

Yes… YOU got a ticket because you forgot to click the option for 2 tickets! :stuck_out_tongue:

sigh

I have to laugh, though, because this week has been totally in the crapper and then this on top of it. What else can go wrong? :stuck_out_tongue: